How to download Amazon Prime video to PC, most of the Amazon Prime Video Subscriber wish that they could have some method to download Amazon Prime video to PC, but Amazon doesn’t provide such functionality, if you have a Prime subscription so you can download videos in your smartphone, but not to PC.
Some best online streaming services like Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, and many others, let us provide the method to stream movies, TV shows, web series, and other content online. Well, all of these OTT services are best until you are connected with an active and stable internet connection. So, the only solution for the problem is whenever you are connected with the internet- download the video and watch it later whenever you get time.
If you can adjust with a small screen device, then it is okay! you can easily download the video into your phone or tablet, but unfortunately, most (I think all) of the OTT service doesn’t provide any option to download the video for PC. Luckily, we have some hacks to download Amazon Prime video to PC and you can stream them offline.
Download Amazon Prime Video to PC
We will discuss several legal methods and by using them you can easily download Amazon Prime video to PC and can also store it your device’s internal storage. So, let’s get started
Method 1: Using Chrome Extension
Chrome extensions are always considered as a blessing, whenever there is no way to do something, chrome extension comes like God’s entity and makes our task much easier. We can use Video DownloadHelper to download the Amazon Prime video to PC. Well, this extension isn’t specially designed to download amazon prime video, but it works fine.
How to Use?
You need to follow the given instructions and after following them correctly you will be able to download Amazon Prime video to PC:
- Open chrome web store in your browser.
- Search Video DownloadHelper.
- Or you can add an extension through this link.
- It will hardly take a few seconds to install, and after installing you will be notified with a Congratulations message.
- Now open Amazon Prime video and log in with your subscribed account.
- Play the video you wish to download.
- Click on the Video DownloadHelper icon (three-colorful spheres) at the top-right corner.
- Here, the extension will provide you a few options, to choose quality and format.
- Click on it.
- A pop-up window will appear and select Use Browser.
- Now the video downloader will start downloading the video to your default download folder.
- Wait until your video is downloading.
Once downloaded you will be notified that the video is downloaded, now stream the video offline.
Method 2: Using Screen Recorder
We all use screen recording software for various purposes and yes you can use it to record and download Amazon Prime video to PC. Well if you are already using any software to record your screen so you can use it too and download Amazon Prime video, but if you aren’t using any of such tools so you can read this article to know more about the best screen recording software.
How to Use?
For Instance, you are using OBS as a screen recording software, so here are the steps by following them you can record and download Amazon Prime video, so
- Download and Install OBS studio. (Use above article to download OBS)
- Perform basic video settings, by going to the video section in settings of OBS.
- Create or select a scene, either you want to capture a full screen or a particular area.
- Select Display Capture, and name it.
- Right-click on it, select transform to fit to screen.
- Ready to record? Press Start recording.
- Open the Prime Video and play the video you wish to record and download.
The recording will be saved to local storage, and you can stream the movies whenever you wish to watch them.
Method 3: Using PlayOn Software
PlayOn is a desktop software through which you can record any streaming video, so you can record and download Amazon Prime video to PC. Well, this isn’t free software, you need to pay about 40 USD for a lifetime subscription, and you can also try 7 days free trial.
How to Use?
- Download and install the PlayOn Software.
- Open the software and go to the channel option.
- Choose Amazon Prime and log in with your prime account.
- By using a search bar, search the show you wish to download.
- Click on the Record button.
This is another best and simple method to download Amazon Prime video to PC, still it is a paid method, so everyone can’t afford it. I suggest you go with other methods mentioned in the article.
The Bottom Line
All of the above-mentioned methods are legal and reliable hacks to download Amazon Prime video to PC. You can download high-quality videos and watch them whenever you are free to watch them either you have a good internet connection or not. I hope you found this content useful and if you have some more suggestions so please let us know in the comment section.