Discord is an excellent, free chat application that was built for gamers but is useful for anyone. Follow the below article to successfully create a server in discord.
Creating a Discord server is straightforward. First, you’ll need to either download Discord (Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, or Android) or open the Discord web interface. Either way, you’ll need to create a free user account to get going. So, go ahead and do all that first.
What is Discord?
Discord is a chat app, like programs such as Skype or TeamSpeak, or professional communications platforms like Slack. It’s geared specifically toward video game players, providing them with ways to find each other, coordinate play, and talk while playing. It supports video calls, voice chat, and text, allowing users to get in touch however they please.
Discord is especially useful if you’re trying to play PC games. The app makes chatting easy and offers search functions that can help you find other people and add them to a friend’s list for quick communication. Lots of people use it not just for talking to each other while playing games, but as an organizational and social tool.
Steps to Create a Server in Discord
- First, go to discord.com and create your account if you already haven’t one.
- When you successfully login into Discord, you will see something like this. Tab the “+” button on the left-hand column.
- The next window that appears will give you two options: “Create” or “Join.” We’re going to choose “Create” so just pretend like “Join” doesn’t even exist (don’t worry if it gets jelly).
- Now, add your server name and icon and you are good to go.
- This was it; you have successfully created your first server.
Discord has a lot more to offer than we can cover in a single article, but with your own server you’re ready to start chatting with your team wherever and however works best for you.
- Stream Movies and Shows on Discord with Friends
- How to See Saved WiFi Passwords on Android?
- Get Genuine Windows 10 as Cheap as 250 INR (3 USD)