HBO Max has a lot of content related to WarnerMedia Blockbuster movies and hit series to watch and it is also worth noting that there are quite many native apps to support them as well.
But it is also a fact that watching these movies and shows when you are offline can be tricky which is the reason why we have published this guide to show you how to download HBO Max movies and shows for offline viewing.
The advantage of downloading HBO Max movies and shows is when you have a spotty internet connection while you are traveling and since you have it offline, you don’t need to worry about the internet connection.
It is also helpful when you are boarding a plane and you just download HBO Max content before boarding so that you can enjoy them offline.
Downloading HBO Max movies also helps whenever you are in a region where HBO Max is not available and because you have downloaded the content offline, you can watch it without any problems.
Requirements to Download HBO Max Movies and Shows
It is worth noting that downloading HBO Max content is not available for each and every subscriber and there are a few requirements you need to fulfill in order to download HBO Max content to your device.
Following are the requirements to download HBO Max content on your device:
- You need to have an active internet connection. (for downloading content)
- You need to be subscribed to HBO’s ad-free plan.
- You need to have the HBO Max app installed on your device.
- You need to be in a country where HBO Max is supported.
- You can only download content that has a download icon next to it.
How to Download HBO Max Content for Offline Viewing
As we mentioned above, there are a few requirements in order to download HBO Max content to your device for offline viewing.
Also, note that the downloaded content will stay on your device inside the HBO Max app and you can’t export it outside of that.
With that said, let’s see how you can download HBO Max content to your device:
- First of all, subscribe to HBO Max if you haven’t already done it. Make sure to subscribe to the ad-free plan because that is the only plan which allows you to download content for offline viewing.
- After that, make sure that your phone or tablet is connected to the internet.
- Download and Install the HBO Max app to your device and then open it.
- By default, downloading content is available via WiFi only and we also recommend you to download content via WiFi to avoid data charges.
- You can search for the content you want to download and also see if it has a download button next to it.
- Choose your audio and subtitles settings when you start watching content and you might need to choose a language before downloading.
- Tap the download icon to start downloading that particular movie or show.
- The download progress will be shown in a circle icon and you can tap on it to pause the download and even cancel it.
- Once the HBO Max content is downloaded, you can turn off your wifi and then open the HBO Max and see which content is available offline.
This is how simple it actually is to download HBO Max content for offline viewing on the HBO Max app.
The thing you need to keep in mind is that you need to have an HBO Max ad-free plan and also make sure that you are connected to the internet and have the HBO Max app installed on your device.
To check your downloaded content, you can go to Profile > Download and browse the content that you have already made offline.
Feel free to share this article with your friends who are also looking to download HBO Max content for offline viewing.