Have you ever faced any error “GeForce game ready driver installation can’t continue”? This error does not allow you to install the Nvidia graphic card drivers on your system. Even though you try installing it multiple times, you will end up having the same issue.
So, to help you fix this driver installation issue, we have mentioned a few tips in this article.
What are Game Ready Drivers?
Game Ready drivers are the updated drivers that are compatible with the latest launched games. Nvidia works with the game developers to understand the requirements of the latest games and accordingly launch new driver updates.
They not only improve the visuals of the game but also helps in reducing the latency and boosting the Nvidia DLSS.
Possible Reasons for the “GeForce game ready driver installation can’t continue” error
Some of the common reasons gamers have reported were:
- There were problems with the installation files of GeForce.
- Antivirus/Malware apps interference while launching the GeForce app.
- Not enough storage space for the latest driver update.
- The driver does not support the graphics card.
How to Fix the “GeForce game ready driver installation can’t continue” error?
Here are a few quick fixes you can try to fix the GeForce error:
Method 1: Update Nvidia Graphics Card Driver
If you are trying to fix the NVIDIA Installer Cannot Continue error, you will have to download the latest compatible GeForce driver for your graphics card.
Here is how you can install the NVIDIA drivers manually:
- Firstly, navigate to the official download page of NVIDIA. Here, you need to enter driver details, product series number, and type (as shown in the image below).
After you download the driver from the NVIDIA page, follow these steps for the installation:
- Navigate to the ‘Device Manager’ on your Windows system, by pressing the Windows + X shortcut or by right-clicking on the Windows icon at the bottom left.
- Now, click on the ‘Display Adapters’ and expand the option. Now, right-click on the ‘NVIDIA graphic card’ and right-click on it to see the ‘Update Driver’ option. Click on it.
- You will see a Windows popup, as shown in the image below. Click on the option ‘Browse my computer for driver Software.’
- Now, there is an option to browse and load the NVIDIA driver from your system. Click on the ‘Browse’ option and select the location where you downloaded the NVIDIA driver.
- Click on ‘Next’ & complete the installation process.
- After the installation is done, restart your system for the updated drivers to function properly.
Method 2: Delete NVIDIA Data and Try Setting Up Again
If the manual updating does not fix the “GeForce game ready driver installation can’t continue” error, then try to delete the NVIDIA graphics driver data and install it again.
You can do this by following the steps given below:
- Firstly, open the ‘Device Manager’ on your system and click on the ‘Display Adapters’ option.
- Select the NVIDIA driver and go to the ‘Action’ menu and click on the ‘Uninstall’ option, as shown.
- Now, reboot the system for the changes to take effect.
- After the rebooting is completed, navigate to the ‘Device Manager’ once again and right-click on the NVIDIA driver, and update it. In the next step, you will get a popup. Click on the option ‘Browse my computer for driver software.
- Select the location where the files are downloaded and click the .exe file.
- After a while, drivers will be installed on your system.
Method 3: Disable the Antivirus Software
Sometimes, antivirus software can detect any genuine software as malware. So, to make sure that the NVIDIA drivers are not detected as malware, it is recommended to disable your antivirus software.
The disabling steps vary depending on the type of antivirus software being used on your system. However, one of the easiest ways to disable the antivirus software is by right-clicking on the antivirus software and clicking on disable option.
Method 4: Kill All NVIDIA Processes
To fix the driver installation issue for NVIDIA, it is recommended to kill all the background processes of NVIDIA with the help of Task Manager. Here is the step by step process to fix the issue:
- Open the start menu on the Windows system and type taskmgr. Now, click on the Task Manager that displays in the search result.
- Now, look for the NVIDIA processes under the processes tab. Right-click on each of the tasks and click on ‘End Task’. This will end all the processes.
- Now, re-install the graphics card and see if the issue is fixed or not.
Method 5: Rename the NVIDIA Graphics Folder
Sometimes renaming the NVIDIA folder can help fix the driver issue. Here is how you can do it:
- Go to the drive where the NVIDIA files are installed. Usually, the files are installed in the C drive.
- Now, look for program files, search for the ‘NVIDIA Corporation’ folder, and rename it.
Now, try to install the NVIDIA drivers again on your system and see if it works.
Method 6: Use DDU
DDU means Display Driver Uninstaller. It is a free tool that helps you delete all the data related to NVIDIA and install the drivers fresh again.
- Download the DDU from this website.
- After the files are downloaded, extract them and boot the Windows system in safe mode.
- After booting in the safe mode, open DDU.
- Select your device type as “GPU” and select “NVIDIA”.
- Now, click on the option “Clean and Restart.”
- Now, restart the system in the normal mode and try to install the NVIDIA drivers again, and see if the issue is fixed or not.
The “GeForce game ready driver installation can’t continue” error is common among all the NVIDIA users. While this issue can be easily fixed most of the time, sometimes, it might take a bit of effort.
In case you still have an issue with the GeForce drivers, then it is recommended to check with the PC manufacturer or take it to your nearest service center.