Snapchat is a great social networking app to stay in touch with your friends and family members. It comes with an impressive UI that makes it easy and interesting to use.
However, did you notice that you sometimes need to “tap on load” on Snapchat? In this article, we have compiled a list of fixes that can be applied to solve this “tap on load” issue on Snapchat.
What Causes the “tap to load” error on Snapchat?
As soon as one of your friends uploads a new snap, Snapchat will automatically download it to your phone. Simply tap on the snap, and it will open in your browser window.
However, the Snapchat tap to load problem prevents the snap from downloading automatically, and you must manually click the load button to download it.
Common Reasons for the “Tap to Load” Error
If you see the tap to load error on Snapchat, you may have network troubles, app loading issues, cache issues, or device-settings issues. Snapchat’s ‘tap to load’ error can’t be addressed because there isn’t a clear way to figure out what’s wrong.
There are several methods to get around the Snapchat “Tap to Load” problem. Snapchat’s tap to load error can be fixed by following the instructions outlined below.
Ways to Fix “Tap To Load” Error on Snapchat
Disable Data Saver
Snapchat comes with a default data saver option called “Travel Mode.” This functionality reduces the app’s data usage and thereby reduces the overall data consumed on your phone. To disable this data saver, you can choose the duration (like 3 days, 1 week, Until Turned Off).
To disable the data saver option, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Launch the Snapchat app and go to “Settings.”
- Now, scroll down to the ‘Data Saver’ option and tap on it to disable the option.
Reboot the Phone
In case Snapchat isn’t loading properly on your phone, then it is recommended to reboot the phone. This helps in quickly fixing the “tap on load” error.
To reboot your phone, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Try to hold the power button of your phone and wait till the boot option appears. (as shown in the image below).
- Now, tap on the reboot option and wait for a couple of minutes till the phone completely reboots.
Clear the Snapchat App Cache
Old cache files and junk files can be one of the reasons for Snapchat not functioning properly. They also lead to slow functioning of the app and lead poor performance.
To clear the Snapchat cache on your phone, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Navigate to the settings option on your phone.
- Tap on apps and go to the Snapchat app.
- Now, go to the storage option and clear the cache. Also, click on ‘clear data’ to remove all the old junk files from the app.
Update Snapchat App
Sometimes, the Snapchat app hangs at the tap on the load screen. This happens when the Snapchat app is outdated.
As Snapchat keeps rolling out new updates frequently, we suggest you update the Snapchat app (if you see the update option in the Play Store or Apple App Store).
You can update the Snapchat app by following the process below:
- Navigate to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Go to profile and scroll through the ‘Manage apps’ section.
- If there is an update available for the app, you will see an icon ‘update.’
- Click on it and update the Snapchat version.
After the app update is done, check if the “tap to load” error is fixed or not.
Disable Battery Saver Mode
If you have enabled the battery saver mode on your phone, then the chances of the “tap to load” error popping up are high. This feature limits the performance of the Snapchat app. It does not allow the app to run in the background.
To fix this issue, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the notification panel on your phone.
- Now, navigate to the battery saver mode icon.
- In case if the option is enabled, the icon will be highlighted. Just tap on it to disable the option.
- Now, the battery saver mode is disabled and you must be able to use Snapchat as usual.
Turn Off Battery Optimization
The battery optimization feature disables the option to auto-download in the background. This feature helps you save the battery but puts the app to sleep.
To fix the “tap to load” error on Snapchat, it is recommended to:
- Open phone settings > Apps > Snapchat.
- Now, tap on the option “battery optimization”.
- Enable to option “Don’t Optimize”.
Check the WiFi or Cellular Connection
In case of slow internet connection as well you will face the tap to load error on the application. If you are using a VolTE card or a WiFi connection, then it is recommended to check the speed.
- Tap on the Sim connection option on the control panel.
- Disable the SIM for a while and enable it.
- Now, click on the data connection and turn it on.
Enable Snapchat Permission
Another reason that might be possibly causing the “tap to load” error on Snapchat is that the app might not have received enough permissions. Follow the below-mentioned steps to enable permission on Snapchat:
- Open Snapchat on your Android/iOS device.
- Now, tap on the profile.
- Tap on the gear icon on the top right corner of the screen (as shown in the image below).
- Now, under the privacy section, you can find the “permission” option.
- Tap on “allow all the permissions.”
- Simply close the app and reopen it once you have applied all the settings mentioned above.
Conclusion – Fixing “tap to load” Error on Snapchat
Snapchat’s tap to load problem can be solved with these simple yet effective fixes. See for yourself how quickly and easily these options can solve the problem without having to do much more.