These are some of the most testing times our beautiful nation is facing in the form of the deadly second wave of COVID-19.
While we can’t gather as a community to help each other physically, what we can do is put our best efforts into providing the COVID-19 Resources in India so that no one has to face difficulties because of the lack of resources.
In this article, I have tried to curate all the COVID-19 Resources in India that might help people infected with COVID-19. So read the entire article and spread this as much as you can.
COVID-19 Resources in India
The very first thing that you should keep handy is the state and center helpline numbers. So here is the list of stature and center helpline numbers that will help you the most:
- Nation-Wide COVID-19 Resources
- State-Wise COVID-19 Resources
- Central Helpline Number: 011-23978046 | Toll-Free Helpline: 1075
When you go to Twitter or any other platform for help, make sure that you always pay a little bit of attention and do not fall for scams. We know these are hard times and it is difficult to keep yourself composed.
But there are some rules that you can follow to make sure you do not get scammed. Just do not make any advance payments and try visiting the place before you make any payments and check if the place is legit or not.
If you come across someone selling important COVID-19 resources in black, feel free to file a complaint to the nearest Police Station.
Twitter SOS Page
One thing that we Indians know is how to use Twitter correctly. So keeping that in mind, Twitter has set up a dedicated page for COVID-19 Resources. It has important resources and it is updated frequently so make sure you check this page.
Use Twitter Search
You can also use the Twitter search page to get help. The simple web page will provide you with the details of hospital beds, oxygen, or Remdesivir.
Here is how you can use this option:
- Visit the Twitter Search for COVID Page.
- Enter the name of your city.
- Check on the boxes of your requirements.
- Click on Search or Generate Links.
- Now click on the city name.
- This will take you to the Twitter search results. Make sure you click on the ‘Latest’ ones.
List of Oxygen and Vacant Beds Across India
Note: Whenever using crowdsourced data for help, make sure that you always pay a little bit of attention and do not fall for scams.
Having the list of available beds with oxygen and vacant beds is very important. Here you can find all the information you need related to oxygen beds and vacant beds per state:
- Andhra Pradesh (Official)
- Delhi (Official | Volunteer)
- Gujarat – Surat (Official) | Vadodara (Official | Volunteer) | Ahmedabad (Volunteer 1 | Volunteer 2)
- Haryana (Official) – Gurugram (Official)
- Karnataka – Bengaluru (Official | Volunteer 1, Volunteer 2, Volunteer 3) | Hyderabad (Volunteer)
- Kerala (Official)
- Madhya Pradesh (Official) – unavailable right now | Bhopal (Volunteer)
- Maharashtra – Mumbai (link down right now) | Nashik | Navi Mumbai | Palghar | Pune (Volunteer 1, Volunteer 2) | Thane
- Rajasthan (Official)
- Tamil Nadu (Official)
- Telangana (Official)
- Uttar Pradesh (Official)
- Uttarakhand (Official)
- West Bengal (Official | Volunteer) – Kolkata (Volunteer 1 | Volunteer 2) | Siliguri (Volunteer)
- PAN India (Volunteer 1 | Volunteer 2)
Plasma Therapy COVID-19 Resources
One of the best sites that you can go to for plasma therapy resources is CovidPlasma.online.
This website will give you over 25 sources that can connect plasma donors with patients easily. Apart from that, you can also go to these websites as well:
Mental Health Resources
Losing a loved one to a disease like COVID-19 can really mess up someone’s health. There are other factors like losing jobs, not earning, and stuff like that which can take a huge toll on mental health. So I am also providing some mental health resources:
- Mental Well-Being: Resources for the Public (WHO)
- Coping with Stress During COVID-19 (CDC)
- Mental Health in the times of COVID-19 Pandemic (NIMHANS & MoHFW)
- GVAN Mental Health Resources (Therapists, Support Groups)
- Therapize India
- Yuvaa Mental Health Resources
- List of Mental Health Practitioners for Young Adults
Other Important COVID-19 Resources
- Global Volunteers Action Network (GVAN) COVID Resources
- Uncut Covid Resources
- Covid Aid Resources (Instagram)
- Covid Resources (Crowdsourced Data)
- India Covid Resources (Crowdsourced Data)
- Covid Facts (Crowdsourced Data)
- Remdesivir Distribution List (Crowdsourced Data) | Official Cipla Remdesivir Distribution List
- Tocilizumab Distributor List (Cipla)
- Covid Meals India (Crowdsourced Data 1 | 2 | 3)
- There is no Earth B Verified Leads (Crowdsourced Data)
- Covid Fight Club (Crowdsourced Data)
- Verified Covid Leads (Crowdsourced Data)
- Covid Khoj (Crowdsourced Data)
- Covid Win (Crowdsourced Data)
- Bengaluru Vaccine Availability (Crowdsourced Data)
- Mumbai Hospital Admissions (Check Page 33)
- Telemedicine (Doctor Volunteers)
Register and Take Your COVID-19 Vaccine
Prevention is better than cure. The COVID-19 vaccine is safe and has proven to be very effective so far. As of now, people above 18 years of age are also eligible to get their shots of the COVID-19 vaccine.
If you want to get vaccinated which you should, just go to the official CoWIN Website or go to the Aarogya Setu app and register yourself if you are 18+.
A maximum of 4 people can register from one phone number. Just make sure to keep your ID proof with you when you are registering for the vaccination.
The good part is that you can even cancel or reschedule your vaccine appointment in case you can’t make it on schedule.
Note: The COVID-19 vaccine will not make you completely immune to the disease. You can get infected with COVID even if you have taken the vaccine.
However, the case of fatality is very low in people who have taken the vaccine.
And by very low, I mean very very low. So just take the vaccine and wear masks and practice social distancing.
So those were some important and helpful COVID-19 resources. Also, I would strongly request you to follow this Instagram thread Ugaoo, which has a lot of COVID-19 resources that will help you a lot in preparing for the pandemic and maintain a composed mindset.
In these tough times, we have to be strong and practice patience. We will come out better on the other side of this pandemic. Please feel free to reach out for any help. We will try our level best to help anyone out. Also, spread the word!