Samsung has unveiled the new Samsung Galaxy A Quantum recently into the market. This smartphone might look like any other ordinary Android smartphone, but it is packed with some amazing futuristic tech which prevents itself from being abused by hackers.
Samsung Galaxy A is the first smartphone to come equipped with a Quantum Random Number Generator (QRNG) chip. SK Telecom’s subsidiary ID Quantique, which is based out of Switzerland has developed this chip. Due to this chip, there are quantum encryption capabilities in the device, which allows it to generate unpredictable random numbers and create security keys for apps and services.
Though, random number generators in smartphones are often targeted for attackers the QRNG setup in Samsung Galaxy A which measures 2.5×2.5mm follows a different approach by including an LED and a CMOS sensor.
When the image sensor captures the light (photons) emitted from the LED, the QRNG chip uses this information to analyze quantum randomness and it then produces a truly random number.
The generated random number will then be fed to various smartphone apps for user authentication and also for generating encryption keys, for instance, in mobile payment apps.
Wr can say that this is one of the safest solutions. Because as per SK Telecom, no technology in the market right now that can compromise the chip.
Samsung Galaxy A Quantum Specifications
The Galaxy A Quantum is a rebranded Galaxy A71 5G apart from the QRNG chip these are the specifications of the device:
- Display: 6.7-inch Super AMOLED Infinity-O (1080 x 2400)
- SoC: Samsung Exynos 980 octa-core
- GPU: Mali-G76 MP5
- RAM/Storage: 8GB/128GB + microSD slot
- OS: One UI 2.0 (Android 10)
- Battery: 4500 mAh (25W Fast Charging)
- Biometrics: In-display fingerprint sensor
- Rear Camera: 64MP (Wide, PDAF) + 12MP (Ultra-wide) + 12MP (Macro) + 5MP Depth Sensor
- Front Camera: 32MP
- Connectivity: 5G, WiFI-AC, Bluetooth 5.0, Type-C (USB 2.0), 3.5m jack
The smartphone is available for pre-order in South Korea with a price of KRW649,000 ($530 approx.), it started on May 15th, and it will then go on sale on May 22nd. A free pair of Galaxy Buds are also being offered for all the buyers who made the pre-booking.
- Samsung Finance+ Service Home Delivery Launched by Samsung to Ease Smartphone Deliveries
- Samsung Smartphone With a Pop-Up Camera is in Works
- Samsung is Working on a 600-megapixel Camera