Recently launched ultra-fast gaming smartphone from ASUS possess more than defined specs, as mentioned in the specs of ASUS ROG Phone 3 that the smartphone has an insane 144Hz refresh rate which is the highest refresh-rate for now. Now we got to know that ASUS ROG Phone 3 has a secret 160HZ mode.
This feature was discovered by an XDA member, while he was investigating how ROG Phone 3 switches its refresh rate, he discovered some references to a secret 160Hz mode in settings. In Asus ROG Phone 3 you can change the refresh rate from the display settings, you can choose from Auto, 60Hz, 90Hz, 120Hz, and 144Hz mode.
ASUS ROG Phone 3 has a Secret 160Hz Mode
This is really a surprising thing that Asus Rog Phone 3 has a secret 160Hz mode, with this company breaks their own record, as mentioned in the device’s specification the latest gaming smartphone from the Asus has a highest of 144 Hz refresh rate, which is highest frame rate available in the smartphones for now, and now we have some methods to get a higher refresh rate than 144Hz.
Asus ROG Phone 3 launched with so many alluring features, which seems to be hand-picked to design a perfect gaming smartphone. The smartphone is powered by a latest high-speed processor namely Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Plus that has the highest clock speed of 3 GHz, and it has a large 6000mAh of battery and many more.
How to Activate Hidden 160 Hz Refresh Rate Mode
- To activate this ultra-high refresh rate in Asus ROG Phone 3 firstly you need to setup ADB (Android Debug Bridge) on your computer, to know how to Setup ADB read this How To Install ADB and Fastboot, here we have described the step-by-step process to install and set up ADB.
- Now open the command prompt in your PC and type the following command:
adb shell setprop debug.vendor.asus.fps.eng 1
- After entering this command, reboot your smartphone.
- When your phone will restart, you will found one more option to choose from the refresh rate.
- Go to Settings of the device.
- Then navigate to Display.
- And then to refresh rate.
- Or you can directly activate it from refresh rate quick tile.
If you wish to disable this setting and restore previous settings, so you can simply follow all the same commands as mentioned above, you just need to type the following command in the command prompt instead of above one
adb shell setprop debug.vendor.asus.fps.eng 0
Asus ROG Phone 3 has a secret 160Hz mode if it is still suspicious for you and you want to know that this works in actual or not, so you can test the refresh rate. You can go to the testufo.com and see the frame rate. You can also try Fluid Simulation App and then set the refresh rate to 160Hz from the app’s settings. You can also try and test this simply by playing any game which supports 144Hz refresh rate if the game supports 144Hz so it has more chances to support 160Hz of refresh rate too.
According to the XDA member, there is no issue with running the phone on 160 Hz (at least he doesn’t found any stability or compatibility issue), So it is safe to run and use the device with 160 Hz of refresh rate. Moreover, the device has Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Plus and 6,000 mAh of ultra-large battery which lasts 8-9 hours once charged.