Do you have the Google smart speaker setup at your place which is giving you problems lately or do you want to sell it? Well, in that case, it is recommended that you factory reset it.
Now, you might be thinking that to factory reset Google Home Mini, Home, and Max, you need the app, right? Interestingly, there is no option to factory reset the speakers in the app.
In this article, we are going to show you how to factory reset Google Home Mini, Home, and Max.
Why Factory Reset Your Smart Speaker?
You must be wondering, why would someone reset their smart speakers? Well, there are two main reasons for that. First, if you are selling your Google Home Mini, Home, or Max to someone else. You definitely do not want any of your saved settings to go to another user.
Second, this is not that frequent, but if your speaker is giving you troubleshooting problems and none of the fixes from the app is working, then you are left with no choice but to factory reset your smart speaker.
Reset Your Google Smart Speakers
Factory Reset Google Home Mini
It is quite easy to factory reset Google Home Mini. It has a dedicated FDR(factory data reset) button to do so. Here is how to do it:
- Turn your Google Home Mini upside down.
- Near the power plug, you will find a small round circle on the bottom side of your Google Home Mini.
- Press and hold that button for about 15 seconds.
- Once you hear the confirmation sound, you can let the button go.
Factory Reset Google Home
The Google Home smart speaker does not have an FDR(factory data reset) button like the Google Home Mini. However, you can still reset it to factory defaults.
- First of all, plug in your Google Home and make sure that it is working.
- Now you shall see a microphone mute button at the back of your Google Home. Press and hold it for about 15 seconds.
You might hear your speaker announcing that if you keep holding the button, all your data will be wiped.
- After 15 seconds or so, you will hear a confirmation. After that, you can release the button.
Factory Reset Google Home Max
The factory reset method for Google Home Max is also the same as Google Home Mini. It also has an FDR(factory data reset) button that can be used to wipe clean the speaker.
- Locate the FDR button. It is located to the right of the power plug.
- Press and hold the button for about 15 seconds.
- Once, you hear the confirmation sound, release the button.
Conclusion – Factory Reset Google Home Mini, Home, Max
So that was all about how to factory reset Google Home Mini, Google Home, and Google Home Max. I strongly recommend you do it before selling it to anyone else.
You can also do it as a last resort to solve your troubleshooting problems. Many other things such as renaming the device, changing the WiFi network, changing Google Account can be easily done using the app.
Also, Read: Best Apps to Use With Google Home and Nest