Have you ever encountered the error “your account has been disabled in the app store and iTunes” before?
If yes then you must already know how disappointing and frustrating it is that you can’t use your account all of a sudden.
On top of that, you don’t even know the reason why your account has been suspended.
Also, you will not be able to purchase any apps or books from the app store until this error message is fixed so you have to fix it anyway.
Don’t worry as this article is all about how to fix the “your account has been disabled in the app store and iTunes” error.
How to fix the “Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes” Error
1. Reset the Apple ID password to regain access to the disabled account
In order to fix this “your account has been disabled in the app store and iTunes” error, you need to visit this link on any web browser: https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid
Here, you need to enter your Apple ID in order to verify your identity.
Once you have done that successfully, you will be asked a few security questions for your verification. The questions will be to enter your phone number, email address, and other basic information.
After that, you may be asked to reset your Apple ID’s password for regaining access to your disabled account.
Use a trusted device when you are resetting your Apple ID password and also make sure that the password can be easily remembered.
- Go to your iPhone/iPad and visit the Settings app.
- After that, go to your Profile icon and then visit the iTunes section and click on Sign out.
- Sign in with your new password for the Apple ID and regain access to your disabled account.
On your Mac, you can also go to the App Store and Sign Out of your account.
Do the same on your Mac’s iTunes app as well.
Sign back with the newly set Apple ID password so that you regain access to your disabled account.
However, if this solution does not work for you then there is one last option which is to contact iTunes support we all know Apple support is top notch so they will definitely help you in this matter.
2. Contact iTunes support
If you tried the above method of regaining access to the disabled account by resetting your Apple ID password but that did not work then you have one option left which is to contact iTunes support.
As Apple’s support team is excellent, you can explain the whole situation to them and they will let you know exactly why your account is disabled in the first place.
- Go to this link: https://support.apple.com/choose-country-region/itunes and then pick your current region where you are using your iTunes account.
- After you are redirected to your location’s iTunes support, click on Contact Apple Support which will be found under the Want to talk to someone? Section.
- Click on iTunes Store and then tap on Account Management.
- Now, you will be asked to highlight your issue where you need to tap on “Account disabled in the App Store and iTunes store alert”.
- You will need to schedule a call with an Apple executive so they can help you with the issue.
- Follow the steps mentioned by the Apple executive to restore your account and you will be on your way.
In this article, we have mentioned how you can reset your Apple ID password to regain access to your disabled account and solve this error.
But if that does not work out then you can also contact iTunes support and let them know about the entire issue.
With this method, you will be told why your account was disabled and you can also get access back to your account.
We feel that both the methods are great and you can try both of them to regain access to your disabled account.
Also, this error message is quite common for Apple users so feel free to share this article with others who are facing this same issue.