As we know, Reddit can be a great source of information on ongoing news, events.
There are many users of Reddit, but if someone is not interested in using Reddit due to privacy or security issues or personal issues or wants a break from Reddit, you can permanently delete it.
If you want the easiest way of separation from the site, you have to delete all your posts and comments as well.
So, here in this article, we are going to discuss all the necessary things that need to be taken care of and then how to delete Reddit account permanently.
Also, Read: How To Delete TikTok Account Easily in 10 Steps?
Tips You Should Know Before Deleting Your Account
It has the option of “deactivating”. The deactivation of the account is permanent.
After you delete your account, you will no longer be able to get back to your account as it is permanently deleted. Your profile will be removed and the username will not be seen.
Moreover, your post and comments will remain on the website if you haven’t deleted them, but the username would not be shown, it would be shown as “Attribute” and no one would be able to know who has posted it.
One thing you have to keep in mind is that after deleting your account, there is no way to get back and delete your comments on a post. You can keep them or have to delete them earlier, else you cannot do it.
Is it Necessary to Delete Posts and Comments?
The choice totally depends on you how you use your Reddit and whether you have to delete it or not.
For example, your username is John 567 and you have posted a comment “Awesome”. It will be shown on Reddit, but the username would not be shown, it will only be shown that it came from a deactivated account but not from where.
If you have entered your personal details in the comments, you can delete them before deleting your account.
Let’s see how to delete posts and comments.
- Firstly, sign in with your Reddit account which you have to delete.
- At the top right corner, select “Profile” to view all your posts, comments, etc.
- To view your Reddit posts, click on the post, go through them,
- Select which you have to delete, and, as in Comments, click the “…” button and select Delete.
When you are complete with this, you can move on to deactivate your account.
Steps to Delete Reddit Account
On New Website
- To deactivate your account, go to the settings page of your account. This can be shown by clicking your name at the top right corner.
- After that, select user settings,
- the red link of deactivating the account will be shown at the bottom of the page.
- Optional feedback will be asked for the reason for the deactivation of your account.
- You have to fill in your username and password and click on the box “I understand that deactivated accounts are not recoverable”,
- And after that, click Deactivate.
- The final confirmation at the end will be asked if you are sure to click deactivate, which will be shown in red and yes, you are done, after that your Reddit account would be deleted.
On Old Website (old.reddit.com)
The steps are much easier on the old website,
- First, go to the the deactivate tab of your preferences.
- Then, Enter your username and password and confirm your deactivation.
- Finally, click on the deactivate account option.
Final Verdict – How to Delete Reddit Account
So, we have successfully learned how to delete Reddit account permanently, whether it is an old account or a new account. We hope you have followed the steps and deleted your Reddit account for good.
In case you didn’t understand something, or you can have any other queries regarding this article, then feel free to comment down below, we will be more than happy to assist you.