TikTok is one of the famous short video streaming apps and if you have a TikTok account it provides a genre of short videos to choose from. It provides the user to create videos easily through their smartphone and upload them.
In its initial phase, it got many downloads and a larger user base. But last year it was banned by the Indian government as it was violating some rules.
This affected many video creators who had a very large followers base and earn through this platform. Though there were many alternatives brought up afterward within India like Instagram Reels, etc.
Being said It was addicting too as it included very less user activity and displays video just by swiping from below or top in opposite direction.
The videos here appear to users based on user’s watching behavior, channels subscribed and interest, working on machine learning algorithm set by developers.
Now, as a suggestion from one of our readers, we have received the exploration post on the steps to delete the TikTok account forever. And we have brought that for our readers.
So, If you want your Delete Tiktok Account permanently whether you are an Android and iPhone users, then this post is for you.
Also, Read: Here are the Best TikTok Alternatives
Points to Note Before You Delete TikTok account
But before deleting your TikTok account please note that:
- You won’t be able to log in or get back your account data.
- You will be removed with any app purchases and will not get refunded for any items purchased.
- You won’t be able to access your chats too, but it will be available for users who have access to chats and are active.
- You won’t be able to get back the followers and your following.
Also, You won’t be able to get your uploaded and watched video. Read more here.
So, we recommend you take a backup of the video and store it somewhere else with you.
How to Delete TikTok Account in 10 Easy Steps
Let’s start with the process of deleting the TikTok account permanently
- Install or Open the TikTok app on your device.
- Login to your account using the required credentials.It displays your Homepage.
- Head to the Me section by clicking the Me option at the bottom panel with the option given on the right side, as a person or contact icon.It displays your Profile page.
- On the profile page, click the three-dot icon given at the top right corner.It takes you to the Privacy and settings Page.
- Click on Manage my account, the first option on this page.It displays the settings of managing your account.
- On this page, you will find the Delete Account option.
- Alternatively, here you can link your phone number if you haven’t added it previously through verification, it will prompt you to receive verification through the same phone number added.
- Click on the Delete Account option at the bottom of the page to delete your account available on the manage account page.
- It may ask for account deletion verification by phone number or mail, just confirm the same.
- It will ask you again to Confirm the account deletion, press Delete, and you are done.
That’s it this was the easy process of deleting your TikTok account permanently.
Final Verdict – How to Delete TikTok Account
Also, please note that your account will be deactivated for 30 days and won’t be visible to the public, and after which it will be deleted permanently or forever.
During this time of 30 days, if you log in to your account, it will be reactivated again. The same information is also available on the account deletion confirmation page.
For Indian users, You will not find the TikTok app on Playstore, so you can download it from some third-party platforms on which it is available and follow the same process above.
Also, TechLatest doesn’t take the security of privacy of data for downloads through third-party platforms and recommends you to download at your own risk.
As we always say “Data is Money and Privacy is important”.
I hope you liked the post. Do let us know in the comments section if you want us to take any topic and we will explore that for you.
Stay connected with us for more interesting tech content…