Most of us have experienced the frustration of sifting through several online catalogs to gaze longingly at the price because we know we can’t afford it right now.
Those days, however, are gone forever. With the introduction of buy now pay later applications, you may get that item you’ve wanted for years and pay for it later when your budgets are less restrictive.
When you hear “buy now, pay later”, you might be concerned about a credit score. However, you may put your worries to rest because buy now pays later apps rarely discuss your credit history.
Instead, they use data from various sources such as your financial documents and purchasing habits to assess whether they can lend you a safe amount of funds at that time.
Indeed, buy now pay later applications have proven to be significant financial disruptors and have been gaining steam in the market for quite some time.
Because there are no fixed amounts or subscription fees to pay, these applications make purchasing more affordable to folks on a budget.
All you have to do is download the application, enter your bank account information, and boom, you’ll have the option to buy now and pay for it later.
In this way, buy now pay later applications have revolutionized the payment process and ensured that its consumers only enjoy the maximum level of ease during their online purchasing journey.
So, if you’re interested in getting started with credit payments, here are some of the best buy now pay later apps available in India:
Top Buy Now Pay Later Apps In India
Amazon Pay Later
For purchases using EMI on Amazon. Amazon has introduced a new service called Amazon Pay Later. It is a hassle-free way to get instant credit through a completely digital process.
You have to complete the one-time setup process, which shouldn’t take more than 2 minutes and doesn’t require you to provide credit card details.
Once the setup is complete, you can avail the Amazon Pay Later payment option during checkout on Amazon.in, and pay over and above the EMI at the end of the next month or from 3 to 12 months.
You can easily track your purchases, repayments, credit limits, and transaction history from a simplified dashboard for this payment mode.
Some Important Features:
- Get a quick decision on your credit limit from the lender.
- Credit card details are not required.
- No processing or cancellation fees. No pre-closure charges.
- Seamless checkout using Amazon Pay Later payment option on Amazon.in.
- Simple tracking of expenses and repayments on EMI specific dashboard
ZestMoney lets you shop for your products with a single click and then refund the credit over time in a few installments. ZestMoney ensures that you do not break the bank and can properly manage your money in this manner.
The service does not ask for the money for the credit it provides, and it is recognized in over 10,500 digital and around one lakh physical store outlets across India. The website has more than 15 million members, making it one of India’s most renowned buy now pay later apps.
Some Important Features:
- A simple setup that requires no documentation or credit card information.
- You can avail of up to ₹ two lakhs credit limit.
- There are no registration fees or indirect costs.
- Offers and cashback on your transactions
- You can pay the credit in 3 to 4 months without any stress
Pay later credit from Freecharge enables you to buy now and pay later in a few simple clicks.
Whether you need to pay for your DTH subscription, power bill, or take-out meals, Freecharge has you covered! It also makes it simple to keep track of your spending by summarizing all the locations you spend money on and days and quantities.
The payments are free of interest, allowing you to buy everything you want on credit until your bill is due. With Freecharge’s buy now and the pay later option, you can pay up to Rs. 10,000 monthly!
Some Important Features:
- One can take up to one month to clear your dues.
- The app has a unique one-click feature to pay with the security of a PIN or OTP
- Any interest you pay is returned to you as a Freecharge reward, which you can use to settle your next expense.
- There will be no service or processing charge
- Freecharge lets you enjoy its services for more than 30,000+ stores across India.
Flipkart Pay later
Flipkart Pay Later is a service of Flipkart, which is available on Flipkart and its other partners, Myntra and 2GUD, through which you can use this option to shop any number of times in a month without paying at the time of shopping. And total amount One time or part, or by the 5th of the subsequent month(s) as EMI.
Not all people get the service of Flipkart Pay Later, and only a few selected customers can take advantage of this facility. It is given to the valuable customer for Flipkart, who often keeps on purchasing goods from Flipkart. Or by looking at your monthly order history, Flipkart offers Flipkart pay later option. How many products have you bought from Flipkart, or how many products do you buy monthly?
- Get credit for more than a month at no extra charge
- Affordable EMI available
- Shop throughout the month, and pay for all your purchases in one bill.
- Get an instant refund on return or cancellation.
Simpl is yet another buy-now-pay-later app with over 7000 retailers across India. The app offers a very consumer-friendly layout that facilitates you to pay for things on debt online and then pay your debts on a bi-monthly basis.
It allows you to borrow free cash and only charges a fine for late payment if you do not pay the bill on time.
The application updates your limitations regularly, and as you pay your invoices on time, your limits are extended correspondingly.
- Simpl is accepting some of the leading businesses in India like Zomato, JIO, Big basket, and more.
- They charge zero fees for the credit you take
- They offer you a one-click payment service.
- Privacy and security is the top priority for the application.
- One of the most accessible and affordable apps currently on the market.
PostPe is a BharatPe-owned buy-now-pay-later app that allows users to obtain credits and utilize them at different shops. You have 30 days to pay back the money with no charge.
It also offers consumers loans of up to ₹ ten lakhs depending on their CIBIL score.
PostPe has a scanning tool that allows customers to make immediate transactions with QR codes and pay back in EMIs later. Every month on the 1st, a bill is created, and users can also choose to split their payments into 3/4/5/6 monthly EMIs.
- Postpe provides you Postpe card, and you can use this for online and offline shopping.
- Postpe facilitates you to sign up through Whats app
- Postpe has a scheme of referral, you can refer to the app, and you can avail up to 5% cashback.
- You can avail of interest-free credit for 30 days.
- It has 4.2 google ratings.
MoneyTap is among the first buy-now-pay-later apps, allowing you to take out loans for all of your transactions flexibly.
It also has a credit option that allows you to borrow up to Rs. 5 lakhs instantly and pay them back later via simple EMI repayments.
You can use Money Tap to borrow money for various objectives, including healthcare loans, financial assistance, home improvement loans, and even recreational loans such as trip loans, two-wheeler loans, etc.
- Only the amount you borrow is subject to interest charges.
- They collaborate with India’s leading financial organizations.
- You can upgrade your credit limits.
- Recognized and governed by RBI(Reserve Bank of India)
- You don’t have to submit collateral money for your credit.
Sezzle allows you to divide your total order cost into four equal payments that you can make over six weeks without incurring any further interest. They only impose a late fee if you don’t pay your bills on time.
Interest is not charged on anything else! As the platform provides instant approval, your credit will not be affected even if you miss your payment due date.
You can shop at your favorite stores with no hassle because Fastrack, Pet Sutra, Giva, and others are connected to them.
- Have a partnership with more than 15000+ outlets in India
- No delays in approvals of credit
- Very customer-friendly help and support.
- Zero-interest charge on the amount borrowed by you.
You can also utilize Paytm‘s buy now, pay later plan to pay your bills. It is one of the biggest financial services companies in India.
Expand up to Rs. Sixty thousand a month on interest-free payments, and repay them within 30 days. We can find Paytm in almost every online and offline store in India.
The platform can also improve your credit score and make you eligible for better loans by making timely repayments.
- Superfast approvals with just one click
- Acceptance over more than one million shops & outlets in India.
- Connected with the biggest brands like Mcdonald’s, Pizza hut, and KFC.
- All services are performed digitally.
- Paytm facilitates you to pay credit amounts in EMI and sump-sum mode.
- Does not charge any processing or registration fees.
Using Mobikwik ZIP, you can purchase products online or offline from more than 1 lakh brands every month. Mobikwik ZIP caters to all your needs under one roof – right from food to travel, gift cards to bills to online shopping.
You can earn cashback on timely payments and more by using the platform, where offers and deals come and go almost every day. Also, you can use other services such as charging and paying bills, transferring to a bank, and more on the platform.
- No interest on credit borrowed by a customer.
- Very few documents required are required for activation of the account.
- A user can borrow up to ₹30,000 per month.
- Making timely payments builds your credit score.
FlexPay is a flexible payment platform, as the name implies. It provides a comprehensive service by allowing you to transfer money and make payments for regular expenses.
FlexPay offers enhanced security safeguards and complete expense reports for your buy-now pay later transactions, allowing you to keep track of your spending.
How to buy now and pay later?
Buy Now, Pay Later (BNPL) is a payment option where the customer pays for the purchase in installments while the merchants receive the full payment.
How does pay now pay later work?
The concept of “buy now, pay later” is similar to the distance shopping method; however, with the previous process, WHAT gave possession of the item after the buyer had made the relevant installments and completed the payment.
With third-party BNPL companies, you can take control of things immediately and then reimburse the amount based on the agreed interest rates. And this is called Buy Now Pay Later. The method is quite simple.
How do installment payments work?
The purpose of buying in installments is that the consumer does not make a single payment for a significant amount, running out of cash. Typically, users opt for this method to acquire durable goods or expensive services, such as foreign trips. Also, this is usually done by credit card.
How is BNPL different from credit cards?
Most of the payments through BNPL (Buy Now, Pay Later) are of low value and tend to pay interest-free for 3 to 12 months. Credit cards mostly require total cancellation on their minimum payment dates to avoid paying interest.
Apps that allow you to buy now and pay later (BNPL) have gained popularity for a few months. Customers are not very lucky that every time they have sufficient funds for the things they want to purchase.
We have covered the importance of buying now pay later apps to rescue you from difficult situations. We have mentioned some of India’s finest apps that allow you to take credit with hassle-free activation with zero interest-free credits. Choose your app according to your need and forget the stress of the restricted availability of funds.