With the increasing use of smartphones, it is becoming increasingly important to understand the terminology and identifiers associated with our devices.
Various emerging technologies enable us to remain in contact with family, friends, and coworkers and stay connected. Nowadays, it’s essential to always have your phone with you and have cellular data available.
Likewise, the EID number follows the same pattern. EID numbers must be verified for eSIM activation, but few users know how to do this.
In this day and age, it is not very difficult because of new technologies. In this article, you will learn how to determine the EID number for your eSIM quickly.
What is an EID Number for eSIM?
Mobile devices are increasingly important in a digital and connected world. eSIM (embedded SIM) technology was introduced by telecommunications companies to meet the needs of this evolving landscape.
SIM cards are no longer necessary with eSIMs since they allow you to switch mobile networks and plans more quickly. It is necessary to obtain an EID number before activating an eSIM.
What is an EID Number?
Documents containing embedded identity information are known as EIDs. EIDs are used to identify eSIMs, not a person, much like your personal identity documents – but to identify eSIMs instead of individual users.
In order for your smartphone to support eSIM chips, an EID number is essential. EID numbers are 32-digit numbers incorporated into smartphones that support eSIM cards. Essentially, the EID number makes it possible for your phone to work without a physical SIM card by connecting with eSIMs.
To remotely manage the profiles on your device, operators will use the EID number to identify your eSIM. No, eSIM cannot be activated on a device without an EID number, if you’re wondering.
Why do I need to know my EID number?
In most cases, you will not need to know your EID number to use your phone in a day-to-day manner. The EID number of your device is not always necessary during the installation process of an eSIM; however, you may find it helpful when troubleshooting issues with your eSIM.
How can People Find the EID Number?
People need to know where to find the EID number. This is essential for people interested in learning more about this feature. Since not all cell phones have the same process for finding the EID Number, the process may differ depending on the device they have.
This makes finding the EID Number easier since it is typically included with the phone box. Although this is the most basic method of finding it, it may not always be the same method every time.
The EID information is stored in “hidden” Information depending on the device. Some people might find this hard to understand, so explaining how it works would be beneficial.
Here are the steps you must follow to learn your ID number for your eSIM. To do this, you must follow the steps according to your device:
#1. iPhones EID Number
An eSIM can be used on iPhones, which might be considered the most common device for this type of service. iPhones have indeed been able to use an eSIM for a long time, something many people know.
Most iPhones come with their EID number in the box, but that’s not as important as the fact that it comes with their phone!
To find the EID Number if that is not the case, here is how you can do it instead:
- On your iPhone, go to the “Settings” menu.
- Select “General” from the list of options.
- Click the “About” button.
- You will be able to see all the Information about your iPhone. On your screen, scroll down until you see the EID information.
There is no complexity to the process. So now Apple customers with iPhones can find their EID numbers and use them for many purposes!
#2. Android EID number
It’s time to discuss Android EIDs. Not all devices are expected to include their EIDs on the boxes, but they should be present in most cases.
Therefore, people must know where to find it if it’s not included. Like iPhones, the EID can be used for various things, including eSIMs, which many people may find useful.
Rather than finding the EID on an Android device, we are looking for how to locate it. People need to know how to find that Information if it is unavailable in the phone box. To find this information, users must do the following:
- On your Android device, go to “Settings“.
- Go to the “About Phone” section.
- Click on “Status Information.”
- In this place, the EID is also shown along with a lot of other Information.
If people search up to this point, they will surely find what they’re looking for. There is only one thing that needs to be found in the “About Phone” section if the smartphone or cellphone works differently.
#3. Apple Watch EID number
It might not be a smartphone in some cases, but something smaller and tailored to what you do daily. In this case, there is the Apple Watch, which combines an iPhone with a watch. Follow these steps to find the EID Number:
- Go to Apple Watch’s Settings app.
- To find out more, click General, then About.
- You will need to sync the EID Number with your eSIM after you have found it.
Details About Security of EID Numbers:
To ensure the Security of user data, EID numbers, and eSIM technology come with several security features. In terms of Security, here are some points to keep in mind:
- Encryption: An encryption key is used to secure communications between devices and carriers during provisioning. In this way, unauthorized parties cannot intercept or access the data exchanged.
- Authentication: eSIMs verify the device’s and network’s identities through authentication protocols. In this way, unauthorized devices cannot connect to the network, and only authorized devices can use the eSIM.
- Remote Management: It is possible to manage eSIM profiles remotely by using EID numbers. It is possible to remotely deactivate an eSIM profile if a device is lost or stolen, for example.
- Physical Security: eSIM cards are soldered directly to the motherboard of the device, so they are less likely to be tampered with physically.
So, that’s how you can easily know about the EID number of your eSIM. It is our hope that this guide has been helpful to you. Feel free to comment below if you would like more Information.