DNS is Domain name system service which Resolves IP address to Hostname and Hostname into IP Address. Normally PC only understands numbers (IP address) when we type any hostname the web browser resolves the IP address of the corresponding website using DNS. The DNS related error fails to resolve host to IP or IP to host that causing There is no internet connection – dns_probe_finished_no_internet. Go through the 5 methods below and try solving your issue with these.
5 Methods to fix DNS probe finished no internet error
Method #1 Check Proxy settings to fix DNS probe finished no internet error
You can start by checking your proxy settings to fix DNS probe error.
- Click on start menu search type internet options and hit the enter.
- Move to the connection tab and click LAN Settings at the bottom.
- Now Uncheck the “Use a proxy server for your LAN” box.
- Make sure the “Automatically detect settings” box is selected.
- Click OK and apply check problem fixed.
Method #2 Check DNS client service is running to fix DNS probe finished no internet error
As discussed before this is DNS related problem, make sure DNS client service is running. To check and restart the DNS client service,
- Press Windows + R, type services.msc and ok to open windows services console.
- Scroll down and locate DNS Client,
- Check If DNS client service is running state then, Right-click and Select Restart to get a fresh start the service.
Double click on the service if it was not started, then change the startup type Automatic and Start the service next to service status. Now the DNS client will Start /restart, open chrome browser and check whether dns_probe_finished_no_internet will be resolved.
Method #3 Flush DNS Cache to fix DNS probe finished no internet error
Flushing the DNS address restarts the connection with the DNS server. In most of the cases, you need to reset the TCP/IP configuration and flush DNS to fix most of the internet related problems including the DNS probe finished no internet. To do this, type cmd on Start menu search, Right-click on command prompt and choose run as administrator. Then Perform the commands below
netsh winsock reset catalog ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew netsh int ip set DNS
After That type exit to close the command prompt and restart windows to take effect the changes. Now check There is no more internet connection issue on chrome browser.
Method #4 Change Default DNS Address to Open DNS to fix DNS probe finished no internet error
This is another effective solution to fix most of the DNS related problems include (DNS probe finished no internet, DNS probe finished nxdomain, DNS probe finished bad config).
- Press Windows + R, type ncpa.cpl and click ok to open network configuration window.
- Here right click on the active network connection and select properties.
- Then double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) to open its properties.
- Select the Radio button ‘Use the following DNS server address:’ and set the address below.
Preferred DNS Server: 22.214.171.124 Alternate DNS Server: 126.96.36.199
Or also you can use DNS address below.
Preferred DNS Server: 188.8.131.52 Alternate DNS Server: 184.108.40.206
Now check the box that says, ‘Validate settings upon exit’ and then click on OK. That’s it, Restart windows and check internet connection working properly.
Method #5 Updating the Network Driver to fix DNS probe finished no internet error
Just like apps and software, drivers also need to be updated regularly. It fixes the potential issues and helps keep the connectivity hassle-free. As of now, let’s see how you can update the network adapter to fix the said issue.
- Press Windows+R to open Run option, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
- It will open the device management window as shown below. Look for Network adapters on the list.
- Right-click on the Network adapter and select Update Driver Software from the menu.
- Click on Browse my computer for driver software.
- Now, select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- Finally, select the compatible driver and click Next. That’s it.
This will update your network drivers. Once, you see a dialog box saying driver update successful, restart your computer. Now, your system is free from dns_probe_finished_no_internet issue.
- How to Fix the Windows 10 Update Error that Makes the Desktop Automatically Switch to Tablet Mode
- How to Use Custom Background While Video Conferencing on Skype, Microsoft Team, Zoom
- How to Join a Google Meet Session from Gmail