Are you missing out on your favorite Nintendo, NES, PS2 games? If yes, don’t worry! You have landed on the right article.
In this article, we are going to discuss in detail the Provenance emulator and how to install it on your iOS device to play your favorite childhood games.
What is Provenance Emulator?
Provenance is a game emulator for iPad, iPhone, and other iOS devices that is capable enough to emulate Sega Genesis, Gear game, and also SEGA platforms.
This emulator also supports Nintendo, PS2, SNES, and NES games. You don’t need to have an Apple ID or jailbreak your iOS device to install this emulator.
The latest version of the Provenance emulator comes with advanced features like adding extra controls over Bluetooth, on-screen control customization. However, if you want to play classic games on this emulator, you need to download additional ROMs.
Features of Provenance Emulator
- No jailbreak of iOS devices is required
- User-friendly interface and easy to navigate inside the app
- Support multiple consoles like PPSSPP, GBA, Nintendo, and more
- It provides full support for online gaming
- Gameplays can be recorded while sharing it with others over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
- The cloud data make sure that you do not lose your game while downloading
- You can add your own game controls and own game maps
- Some multiplayer games do not require Wi-Fi as it allows you to play on local servers
- This emulator is supported on iOS devices above the iOS 10 version
Download Provenance Emulator on iOS devices without Jailbreak
Provenance emulators can be found on third-party stores like iOSEmus, Tweakbox, etc., for free of cost. However, if you face any installation problem, then follow the steps mentioned below.
Installation Process for Provenance Emulator on iOS
- To install the Provenance emulator on an iOS device, visit the website iemulators.com.
- Now, navigate to the ‘Apps‘ section on the website.
- If you scroll down the page, you can find a link to download the Provenance emulator. (Alternate Mirror Link)
- After the downloading process, you will need a sideloader (like AltStore, Cydia Impactor, AltDeploy) to install the app.
- Visit the respective sideloader to install the IPA file.
- After successfully installing the provenance emulator, you can see the emulator’s icon on the homepage. Click on the icon and launch it.
Installation Process for Provenance Emulator on iPad
- Firstly, you need to install the Cydia Impactor tool on your desktop if you want to install the Provenance emulator on your iPad. This tool is best for IPA signing.
- Now, the Provenance IPA file needs to be downloaded for sideloading.
- After downloading the IPA file, connect the iPad to your desktop and launch the iTunes app for updating.
- Now, unzip the Cydia impactor tool and run the .exe file.
- When the Cydia impactor is open, navigate to the IPA file’s location and drag it to the Cydia impactor app for Signing.
- After you drag and drop the Provenance emulator IPA to Cydia impactor, a popup will appear on the screen asking for you to enter the Apple ID. Enter the ID and password and click on continue.
- Now, the Provenance emulator is installed successfully on your iPad.
How to Add ROMs to Provenance Emulator to Play the Classic Games?
When the Provenance emulator is installed on your iOS device, it is empty, as it is not loaded with any games. So, to play the classic Nintendo games, you need to install Provenance emulator ROMs. For this, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, open the Provenance emulator and navigate to the home screen. Here, you can find the “+” symbol. Click on it to add Provenance ROMs.
- Now, you will be taken to the web browser section where you need to search for the ROMs manually and add it to the emulator.
- Once you enter a website like coolroms.com, navigate to the “ROM Files” section and click on any ROM of your choice to download. On the top right corner, you will have an option “Open in Provenance“ click on this option and install the ROM.
- Once the ROM is added successfully to the emulator, you can start playing your favorite game.
How to Fix Provenance Untrusted Enterprise Developer Error?
If you face certificate security issues after installing the emulator, follow the below steps:
- When you get the security popup click on “Cancel”.
- If you are iOS 9 and below version, then go to Settings → General Settings → and click on the Profile section, and then select “Trust”.
- If you are on iOS 9 and above version, go to Settings → General Settings → Device Management → Now, click on profile and then select “Trust”.
Conclusion – Provenance Emulator on iOS
Without any jailbreak or need for payment, you can easily add the Provenance emulator on your iOS devices by following the steps mentioned above. This emulator helps you play all your childhood favorite Nintendo games, PS2 games, and NES games.