In this article, we’ll show you the options that you can do to Empty Recycle Bin Automatically in Windows 10 in very simple steps.
Whenever we delete any file/folder from our Windows system, it directly goes to Recycle Bin unless you delete them permanently(Shift+Del). And eventually, it remains in our Hard Drive only. Well, everyone knows how to empty the Recycle Bin, but we often forget to do such a simple task. We keep files on the recycle bin until we’re running out of storage space.
Today we are going to tell a way with which your Recycle Bin will be emptied automatically after a certain amount of time.
Empty Recycle Bin Automatically in Windows 10
- Open the Task Scheduler on your Windows 10 system. Either search the same in the search bar or type “taskschd.msc” in the Run windows(win+r).
- Once, Task Scheduler opens, click on the option “Create Basic task” located under the Action category.
- In the task creation wizard, enter the task name and click on the Next button and then set up the time interval for your action or the task.
- After clicking the Next button again and set up some other options until you reach up to the screen where you will be asked for the action.
- In the next window, fill up “cmd.exe” in the Program/Script field and then paste the below command in the ‘Add Arguments’ field.
/c "echo Y|PowerShell.exe -NoProfile -Command Clear-RecycleBin"
- Finally, click on the ‘Finish’ button.
- To check the scheduled task, select the task from the main window of Task Scheduler and then click on ‘Run’. It should empty the recycle bin automatically.
That is it, you have successfully learned how to Empty Recycle Bin Automatically in Windows 10.
More Like This
- How to Display Internet Speed on Taskbar in Windows 10
- How To Receive And Make Calls On Windows PC
- How to Customize the Right-click Menu on Windows 10
- 6 Easy Steps to create a Password Protected Folder without any Software!