With growing technology, we have all the ease of everything, but sometimes it isn’t perfect, and we can face errors probably in anything including our gaming systems too.
It’s always awful when the game only freezes, and we are ready to hit the checkpoint. If we see these problems have been intensified by the age of the system. These types of experiences are faced by many PS4 users, and in this article, are some simple ways to fix them
How You Can Factory Reset PS4
A complete factory reset for the PS4 is an easy and straight process. This can be done at the end to make sure the function of the system is going well or not. Before you do factory resetting, you should always save your data and backup till the initial process.
When your Factory reset the PS4, it will remove all the data which is in your system, and if not backed up save data will result in starting the games from the very beginning.
For PS Plus users it’s not an issue for uploading their saves to the cloud. Moreover, you can use a flash drive to copy saves if you are not a PS Plus member.
The basic thing to keep in mind is that you have to save your data and take a backup so that you do not suffer any kind of loss.
There are two ways through which you can reset your PS4 — Firstly in Safe Mode and secondly from the console’s dashboard. Sometimes consoles can have boot-up issues but here are both the issues that you can overlook.
By Doing Factory Reset in Safe Mode
- If due to any reason you are not able to perform the factory reset the regular way, you can try that by using it in safe mode. If you are willing to wipe PS4 through safe mode, then follow the given steps:
- Firstly, press down and hold the power button on the console till you hear 2 beeps. You will hear the first one when you press the power button and the second before the console starts booting.
- When the console boots up, there will be a list of different options. Scroll down, and you will see “Restore Default Settings” if you have to reset everything back to factory settings, and are willing to keep your user data.
- If you have chosen “Initialize PS4”, you can wipe your data and restore the console back to the factory settings and if you choose the “Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software)” option, you have to reinstall the console’s OS factory reset in safe mode.
Wiping the PS4
You can also wipe your PS4 if you are preparing it for sale. It usually removes everything from the console and can restore it back to the factory settings. Here are the steps on how you can wipe your PS4.
- Firstly, log into your account.
- Firstly, Press the “Up” button on the Main screen of your controller. By default, the “Notifications” icon would be seen.
- Now scroll to the right until you’ve reached the “Settings” icon. Click on the “X” button to select it.
- Scroll down the “Settings” menu till you see the “Initialization” tab. Click the “X” button on it.
- After that click the “Initialize PS4” option.
- And then two options would be shown: “Quick” and “Full”. Quick initialization can be done fast, but the person who will use it in future can restore your data. Therefore, Full initialization takes several hours, but the wiped data can never be restored. If you’re selling your console then, choose the “Full” option.
- On the next screen, click the “Initialize” button, which is at the bottom of the screen.
- At last, you can confirm your choice by selecting the “Yes” button on the next screen.
Once this process is completed your PS4 will restart and the initialization process will get started, and at last, you have to connect the controller with the USB.
By Reinstalling the System Software
- For reinstalling the software, firstly download the latest version on your PC from the PlayStation site.
- Then plug in a USB flash drive and create a folder by naming PS4. After doing this, make another folder inside the same folder named “Update”.
- Now copy the firmware to the “Update” folder, the name of the firmware file is “PS4UPDATE.PUP”.
- Next, you have to boot up your PS4 in Safe Mode. (Check in above method)
- Select the “Initialize PS4” option.
- When the initialization would be done, PS4 will need plugging in the USB device in order to reinstall the software.
We hope that this guide will help you and you will be able to know how you can factory reset and wipe your PS4. If you still face such issues let us know in the comment section.
Also, Read: Best Budget Accessories for M1 MacBook Air