Do you want to move or delete apps on Apple TV, but don’t know how to do it? Don’t worry, you’ll find instructions in the article for how to do it.
Many companies now offer their own streaming apps, to give Apple TV users plenty of entertainment options. Thus, the new Apple TV comes with app store support and some pre-installed apps.
TV OS is somewhat similar to iOS, so you can manage Apple TV apps according to your own preferences. You can delete or move any app.
In this article, I’m going to show how to move or delete apps on Apple TV in order to make it easier to understand.
So, without further ado, let’s get started!
Also, Read: FuboTV vs YouTube TV: Best TV Service in the US
How To Delete Apps On Apple TV
You can delete apps on Apple TV in two ways. The easiest way is to use the remote to remove them directly from the home screen. In addition, you can uninstall apps from the Manage Storage menu in the Apple TV Settings.
Delete Apps From The Home Screen On Apple TV:
It is easy to delete Apple TV apps from the Home Screen. To do so, follow these steps:
- To delete an app, use the remote to highlight it.
- Press the Play/Pause button on the remote to access options.
- Now tap and hold down on the touchpad until the app icon starts to jiggle.
- Use the remote to highlight the Delete option on the Apple TV screen, and then press the touchpad on the remote.
- Click Delete again on the next screen to confirm the deletion.
Delete Apps From The Settings App On Apple TV:
As an alternative, you can also delete apps from the Settings app on the Apple TV. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to your home screen and open the Settings app.
- Then click General.
- Next, scroll down and click Manage Storage.
- Locate the app that you wish to remove, and tap the trash can icon to delete it.
How To Move Apps On Apple TV
To move apps on Apple TV HD or Apple TV 4K, follow these steps:
- Use the Siri Remote to hover over the app you want to move.
- Then press and hold the touch surface of the Siri Remote until the app starts shaking.
- To move the app, swipe left or right on the Siri Remote.
- After arranging your apps, just touch the pad on the Siri remote.
- Similarly, you can move other apps.
You can also create a folder if you wish. To create a folder, you must place the icons of the apps just above each other. You will observe how a folder is automatically created to which you can drag all the apps you want.
How To Hide Apps On Apple TV
In case you are not happy with the apps on your Apple TV and don’t want to delete them, you can hide them from the home screen so that you get a better user experience. Furthermore, older Apple TVs do not have the option to delete apps, so in that case, hiding your apps is your best option.
Press the Play/Pause button on the remote before selecting one of the applications on the home screen. Now create a new folder by clicking on New Folder and then save it. In this way, You will be able to hide the app.
Note: The 2nd and 3rd generation Apple TVs let you hide apps, but not delete them, because users cannot install their own apps on these models.
To find hidden apps, go to Settings and click “Main Menu.” There you will see all the apps you’ve hidden.
Above, I’ve explained how to move or delete apps on Apple TV and I hope that you now understand how to do this.
Please feel free to leave a comment in the below box if you have any doubts or suggestions related to this article.
Thanks for taking the time to read this article and have a great day!.
Also, Read: How to Mirror Android or iOS Screen to TV