Now that we are slowly heading towards the end of this year, the launch of the iPhone 13 Series is just on the horizon. With a lot of leaks, reports, and rumors, we have a lot to discuss the new upcoming iPhones.
In this article, we are going to list down everything we know so far about the launch of the iPhone 13 Series. So let’s see what the iPhone 13 or 12S (or whatever Apple decides to call them) are going to look like.
iPhone 13 Series: All You Need to Know
The most recent design change with iPhone was with the iPhone 12 series when Apple switched to flat edges. It is still one of the most significant design changes since the launch of the iPhone X when Apple introduced FaceID with the infamous notch.
Interestingly the notch has been a part of the iPhone family ever since. If you look at the dummy models, there is nothing different in terms of design for the iPhone 13 series.
As per the reports, Apple is still going to launch a mini version of the iPhone 13, so there will be four phones in the lineup namely iPhone 13 mini(5.4-inch), iPhone 13(6.1-inch), iPhone 13 Pro(6.1-inch), and iPhone 13 Pro Max(6.7-inch).
The cameras on the non-pro models are now placed diagonally, just for a little design change(typical Apple things). If you observe carefully, the camera modules on the back are slightly bigger and the cameras are placed a little wider.
This could be because of the sensor-shift technology that Apple introduced last year. However, last year, it was just limited to the primary camera, now it is expected that users will get sensor-shift across all the cameras on the back.
The new iPhone 13 phones will also be a bit thicker, around 0.26mm and this could be due to facilitate a larger battery on all the models.
The notch on the new iPhones is also expected to be reduced. Then the dummy models also show that the power button and the SIM card tray will also shift downwards.
- The iPhone 13 series might have a better battery than the iPhone 12 series as Apple is all set to increase battery performance by a big mark with the iPhone 13 lineup.
- Then there are talks about the in-display fingerprint sensor for iPhone 13. Now there might be a scope of that in the feature. But the chances of this tech making it to the iPhone 13 series are scarce.
- There were also rumors about the Type-C port being the new interfacing port for upcoming iPhones. But according to Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, Apple is not going to do that and their reasons for that are: USB-C is an open standard and less waterproof than Lightning port.
- There are also rumors that at least two models in the iPhone 13 lineup( most probably the Pro Models) will have Apple Pro Motion Display which means they will have a 120Hz screen refresh rate.
- According to Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman, the iPhone 13 lineup might also have the Always-on Display feature. This means that you will be able to see some basic notifications and battery percentages all the time on your display.
- The new iPhone 13 series will come with Apple’s 5nm+ A15 Bionic chipset, according to Taiwanese research firm TrendForce. This will bring new improvements to the new iPhones.
- There were some rumors that the iPhone 13 Pro models will have storage options of up to 1TB. But this rumor is not likely to be true as TrendForce believes that there will not be a 1TB iPhone this year.
- Along with all of these, there will be some good camera improvements as the camera modules are now larger on the dummy models.
- The iPhone 13 series will have a 5G chip and Wifes 6E support.
- There were rumors that all the new iPhones will have the LiDAR scanner but it seems like only the Pro Models are also expected to have the LiDAR scanner just like the iPhone 12 Pro Models.
- Because of the introduction of MagSafe last year, a lot of experts speculated that Apple is planning to go portless. Now that might be true but it is not likely going to happen with the iPhone 13 lineup.
Launch Date and Price
The launch date of the iPhone 13 series is pretty close and it seems like everything is on schedule. You can expect the launch of the iPhone 13 series to take place around the third week of September.
Talking about the price, according to TrendForce, the price of the iPhone 13 models is going to be pretty close to that of the iPhone 12 models. This seems to be true as Apple keeps its launch prices closer to the launch prices of the previous generation of iPhone.
Conclusion – Apple iPhone 13 Series
So that was all about the iPhone 13 series, we will be adding new information as soon as we know more about the launch of the iPhone 13. The iPhone 13 models are most probably in production and we should have more confirmed news pretty soon.