- It’s easier and more personal to FaceTime people than to call them on an Apple device, and people prefer it over a voice call.
- It may be useful for someone to know how to screen record facetime with audio for many reasons.
- Fortunately, this guide will help you know some different methods to record facetime screens.
Recording FaceTime calls with audio is a great way to save important conversations and keep a record of them for future reference. There are several methods to do this, both for Mac and iPhone users, and this article will guide you through the process step by step.
Video Calls from Face to Face are a great way to communicate, especially for people who live abroad and want to keep in touch with their loved ones. However, the Apple application lacks one major feature: voice call capability.
This feature is suitable for those who want to record a family call and those who decide to record a call or an interview. Fortunately, some conclusions allow us to get through this problem quickly. Let’s take a look at how to record FaceTime calls.
Is It Possible to Record Facetime With Audio?
Yes, you can record FaceTime calls. Using both Mac and iOS devices, you can record FaceTime calls:
- FaceTime calls with audio can be recorded using Apple’s QuickTime Player, built-in to Mac computers.
- You can record FaceTime calls with video and audio using the built-in screen recording feature on iOS devices.
In some countries, recording FaceTime calls without the other party’s consent is illegal. If you intend to record a FaceTime call, ensure the other party consents first and check your local laws.
How To Record Facetime With Audio?
The process of recording Facetime with audio is different for both Macs and iPhones. However, you do not have to worry about it, as we have described all the methods further in this article. So, let’s check them out:
For Mac Users:
#1. Use QuickTime Player
It also supports recording FaceTime calls, which is part of the QuickTime Player installed on Mac computers. To record a FaceTime call using QuickTime Player, follow these steps:
- To begin, launch QuickTime Player on your Mac. Search for it in the “Applications” folder or through Spotlight.
- From the QuickTime Player menu bar, select File> New Screen Recording. You will be presented with the recording options in a new window.
- Thereafter, click the downward arrow next to the record button in the recording window, then select “MacBook XYZ Microphone” as the microphone input (or the microphone you use in the call). In this way, the audio from the FaceTime call will be recorded.
- Using FaceTime, start a call with your target. You should make sure that a FaceTime window is visible on your screen.
- You can record the FaceTime call by clicking the record button in the QuickTime Player window once the FaceTime call has started. You will see a red recording indicator in the menu bar as the recording begins.
- Once you have finished the FaceTime call, click the stop button in the QuickTime Player window. In the new window, you will be able to playback the recording of the FaceTime call.
- Save the recording: Go to File > Save and select a location to save the recorded FaceTime call. There are various ways to save the File, including MP4, MOV, and M4A. That’s it!
#2. Use a third-party screen recording software
Recording your screen using an external application such as Camtasia or ScreenFlow on the Mac is also possible. They are especially useful if you need to record FaceTime calls professionally and do not want to deal with more complicated features. They also offer editing and video production tools. Once you have launched your screen recording software, you can record a FaceTime call.
For iPhone Users:
#1. Use the built-in screen recording feature
Using the iPhone’s built-in screen recording feature, you can record your FaceTime call with audio. To use this feature, follow these steps:
- To open Control Center, swipe up from the bottom of your iPhone screen.
- An icon in the Control Center resembles a circle with a dot in the middle indicating screen recording. Click this icon to start recording.
- After you’ve started recording the screen, start a FaceTime call with the person you’d like to record. Ensure that your FaceTime call is visible.
- The screen recording lets you capture video and audio during the FaceTime call. A red bar will appear at the top of your screen, indicating that a screen recording is being conducted.
- If you want to stop recording your screen, hit the red bar at the top of your screen and then tap “Stop.”
- After saving the recording, you can view and edit the recorded screen in your Photos app. That’s it!
#2. Use a third-party screen recording app
You can record your iPhone screen using third-party apps such as Record it! and DU Recorder. In addition to screen recorder functionality, these apps often offer advanced tools such as editing and production features. Once you have downloaded and installed the app, launch it and start recording your FaceTime call.
If you plan to record a FaceTime call, you should always obtain consent from the other party. Moreover, verify your local laws and regulations regarding recording calls since some countries have specific guidelines.
Some Frequently Asked Questions⎼ FAQs
Is it legal to record Facetime calls?
Recording audio and video in most states is generally legal, but you should always ask for permission first. To ensure you can record someone without obtaining their consent, ensure your state requires two-party consent.
Does the iPad allow you to record FaceTime calls?
Your iPad has a built-in screen recorder that you can use to record FaceTime calls. You cannot record audio when you turn the screen recorder on. Ensure your screen recorder’s microphone is on once you start recording by checking the settings.
When I forget to record my FaceTime call, what should I do?
Here are some options if you forget to record the audio on a FaceTime call:
- Recall the details of the FaceTime call: If you didn’t record the audio, try writing them down or sketching what you remember.
- You could ask the other person what was discussed on the FaceTime call if they were also on it.
- If you need the audio record of an important FaceTime call, you can schedule another one to discuss the same topic.
Unfortunately, retrieving audio from a FaceTime call that was not recorded is impossible. This is why it’s important to be prepared and have the appropriate tools and software to record a call if necessary.
Can you record a FaceTime call on Android?
Yes. You can record a FaceTime call on Android using any screen recording app. Note that the other user is supposed to initiate the call from their Apple device, and then you can join the call in your Android device.
Can you record a FaceTime call in Windows?
With any screen recorder, you can record FaceTime video and audio calls on Windows 11/10/8/7. Note that the other user is supposed to initiate the call from their Apple device, and then you can join the call in your Windows device.
How to fix FaceTime recording problems without sound?
You need to check the input audio source if no sound is heard when FaceTime is recorded on the screen. Make sure the Microphone option is turned on. The Gray Microphone option is not available. Later, turn up the volume on your computer or phone.
Can you record a FaceTime group call?
Yes. You can record a FaceTime group call using any screen recording app.
In summary, recording FaceTime calls with audio is an easy and straightforward process that allows either a built-in tool or third-party software to be used.
It is possible to preserve important conversations for future reference by following the steps outlined in this article.
Whatever your iPhone or Mac model is, there is a solution that we have mentioned earlier in this article. So, that’s how to record Facetime with audio.
Thank you for reading this guide. We hope you found it helpful. For further assistance, please let us know in the comments below.