Qualcomm going to launch its next processor in the series “Qualcomm Snapdragon 875”, it will be the successor of Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 based on Samsung’s OEM 7nm EUV process. Qualcomm Snapdragon’s SoC establishment move between Samsung and TSMC (Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, Limited). The Snapdragon 830, Snapdragon 835, and Snapdragon 845 were based on Samsung’s 14nm and 10 nm process. However, Snapdragon 855 was manufactured by TSMC 7nm process. Also, this time it is reported as Snapdragon 875 will be manufactured by TSMC’s 5nm process.
According to reports, Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 has a code SM8250, and if Qualcomm walks with their previous strategy so no doubt that their new SoC will be coded as SM8350. Recent rumored news explains everything about the upcoming Qualcomm Snapdragon 875. Let’s have a look at the news.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 875 Leaks
According to 91mobiles, they were tipped by some reader about Qualcomm’s new SoC. They received an email that comprises information regarding Qualcomm Snapdragon 875, the new processor by Qualcomm.
The received email tells that it will be the first chipset by the company to have the new X60 5G modem-RF system. However, it was not cleared that the 5G modem will be integrated into the chipset or will be optional. But as 5G is becoming so popular and common throughout the globe, so there are higher chances that it will be integrated with the chipset.
According to the report, the Qualcomm Snapdragon will comprise with the following features,
- Kryo 685 CPU built on Arm v8 Cortex tech
- 3G/ 4G/ 5G modem –Millimeter wave (mmWave) and sub-6 GHz bands
- Adreno 660 GPU
- Adreno 665 VPU
- Adreno 1095 DPU
- Qualcomm Secure Processing Unit (SPU250)
- Spectra 580 image-processing engine
- Snapdragon Sensors Core Technology
- External 802.11ax, 2×2 MIMO, and Bluetooth Milan
- Compute Hexagon DSP with Hexagon Vector eXtensions and Hexagon Tensor Accelerator
- Quad-channel package-on-package (PoP) high-speed LPDDR5 SDRAM
- Low-power audio subsystem combined with Aqstic Audio Technologies WCD9380 and WCD9385 audio codec
Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 was integrated with the X55 5G Modem-RF system. The SoC was divided into two versions, the first version which is code-named as Kona, and the other version code-name is Huracan. It supported Qualcomm Kryo 585 CPU and Adreno 650 GPU. Let’s have a quick look in the major changes appeared in Qualcomm 875 the only successor of Snapdragon 865 till now,
|Specs||Qualcomm Snapdragon 865||Qualcomm Snapdragon 875|
|CPU||Kryo 585||Kryo 685|
|GPU||Adreno 650||Adreno 660|
|ISP||Spectra 480||Spectra 580|
|5G Modem||Snapdragon X55||Snapdragon X60|
We can expect 7.5 Gbps of 5G peak download and 3Gpbs of upload speed in the new SoC as it was present in its predecessor processor and a clock speed up to 2.84 GHz. All expected features will be based on its preceding processor, for sure Snapdragon 875 will have more features than Snapdragon 865.
It is expected that Qualcomm Snapdragon 875 can be launch till the end of this year at Qualcomm’s year-end conference, but due to coronavirus pandemic, the launch date could be out of 2020 and in early 2021. Yes, the news is too early than the expected launch date.
- Will Streaming Services Take Over the Classic TV in India?
- Xiaomi Resumes Sale of Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- Poco F2 Pro Listed on E-Commerce Website, Looks Like the Redmi K30 Pro