Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, everybody is staying at home. All the educational institutes have been closed and most of the offices are closed too. To carry out remote education and meetings these institutes and companies are using video conferencing software. Companies that provide these services have seen a surge in the number of users. One such company is Zoom, people have been using this software extensively to organize meetings among their office members. Even schools are using this to carry out online classes for students.
5 Facts About Zoombombing
1. What is ‘Zoom bombing’?
When an uninvited person disrupts a Zoom Meeting in any way it is known as zoom bombing.
This has become a huge security concern for Zoom. The software has become a popular way to communicate because of its reliability and ease of use. According to Zoom’s website, it has end-to-end encryption if the connection is done using the computer’s audio instead of a phone.
But according to some recent testaments, it has been observed that Zoom doesn’t truly support end-to-end encryption, it only provides transport encryption. That means that the video and audio content is not private from the company.
2. These Zoom bombings involve Anti-Racist, Anti-Semitic and Graphic sexual content.
People have reported that when they were having a meeting with their community members these hijackers took over their screen and drew anti-Semitic and swastika symbols.
A teacher also reported that somebody took over online lecture and posted porn which disrupted her class
3. The FBI has also warned the citizens of America about Zoom Bombing
FBI has issued a warning against all those hijackers who are disrupting these meetings and online classes. They are trying to improve the cybersecurity system to prevent any of these to happen.
4. There has been a massive surge in the number of users for the Zoom software.
Because of the COVID-19 outbreak, many people are working from home. So, Zoom has become essential software for students and workers to carry out their work. The company is trying to work on their bugs and security issues to make it easier for people to use.
5. To make the meeting more secure users are suggested to keep the meetings private & share invite links privately
People are suggested not to use a meeting ID, have passwords for the meeting, to use the waiting room feature of zoom and to disable audio and video of attendees to keep the meeting secure from any disruption
- Facebook Messenger Launches Desktop App With Unlimited and Free Group Video Calls
- Here are the Upcoming Expected MIUI 12 features
- Zoom App Could Let Attackers to steal your Windows Login credentials