You can use custom background while video conferencing, because with this ongoing lockdown due to coronavirus pandemic most of the companies are recommending their employees to work from home. Well, working from home seems to be easy and undeniable but at the same time, we need to maintain a professional outlook.
Most of the time when we have to attend a video-conference call, we run here & there to clean our messy room or search for a clean and tidy place to maintain our professionalism.
Thanks to our video-conferencing service providers, who allow us to use custom background while video conferencing, you can click a picture of your neat & clean room, and can use it as a custom background while video-conferencing. This feature is currently available in the three most popular video conferencing service providers Zoom, Skype, and Microsoft Teams.
If you also want to get rid so try custom background while video-conferencing, read this complete article, here we will discuss how you can use custom background while video-conferencing in Zoom, Skype, and Microsoft Teams.
How to Use Custom Background While Video Conferencing on Zoom
You can change or customize your background using Zoom web portal,
- You should be the Zoom account’s owner or admin.
- You are using Zoom version 3.5.19327.0620 or above.
Instruction for Background Image
Before using any image for custom background while video conferencing on Zoom, you should obey the following instructions.
- Image Format: JPG/JPEG, GIF, or 24-bit PNG (no alpha). Any transparent area of PNGs can be used as background.
- Image Dimension: 1920x960px, Aspect ratio (16:9).
- File size: Max. 5MB
How to change the background on Zoom?
- Open the Zoom app and log in to your account.
- Go to settings and navigate to Virtual Background.
- From the bottom of the page select -“I Have A Green Screen” & “Mirror My Video”
- You can choose a background image from the given option; if you want to add your image or gif so click on the “+” symbol.
- Now, it will redirect you to your PC’s storage, navigate to the desired location.
- Choose image or video (GIF), and click on the open button.
The selected file automatically be used as your background image whenever you are attending a video-conferencing using Zoom. So by using these simple steps you can use custom background while video conferencing on Zoom.
Also read: 3 Methods to Create GIFs from YouTube Videos
How to Use Custom Background While Video Conferencing on Skype
You can easily blur your background while attending any conference call at Skype, to do follow the below steps:
- While on a video-call at Skype, right-click on the camera feed.
- Select the option ‘blur my background’ from the pop-up menu.
Follow the given link to know more about Custom Background while video conferencing on Skype.
How to Use Custom Background While Video Conferencing on Microsoft Teams
If you generally use Microsoft team for business video calls, so Microsoft offers two ways for custom backgrounds while video conferencing, the first method is you can blur the background and another is you can replace the entire background with an image.
Blur the Background at Microsoft Team Meeting
You can easily blur the background while you are on a team meeting, you can read this article to know How to Blur the Background at Microsoft Team Meeting.
But according to Microsoft “Blurring or replacing your background might not prevent sensitive information from being visible to other meeting participants.” So I thought you might go with replacing the image rather than blurring your background.
You can change the background image before the meeting starts and also during a meeting, so let’s know-how
How to Use Custom Background While Video Conferencing in Microsoft Team Before a Meeting start?
You can set up your video and audio before starting a meeting, just like a mic-test before we start speaking. To use custom background while video conferencing in Microsoft Team before a meeting starts, follow the given steps:
- Open the Microsoft Team and log in to your account.
- Open the settings.
- Go to Background effects.
- You can replace your background with one of the images provided.
- You can also choose your image as a background. To add your image, follow the given steps
- Select Add New option.
- Upload one image from your computer.
- Ensure that the image is in .JPG, .PNG, or .BMP file format.
How to Use Custom Background While Video Conferencing in Microsoft Team During a Meeting?
If you haven’t updated your background before the conference starts, you can add it during the call, just have a look at given instructions:
- Go to meeting Controls.
- Choose More Actions.
- Navigate to Show Background effects.
- You can select any one from them:
- Blur the Background.
- Select an image from the provided images.
- Upload an image from your computer.
- If you won’t see Show Background effects option, so the feature might be not compatible with your device yet.
- For now, Linux users aren’t able to use this feature.
- Background effects won’t be available to you if you’re using Teams through virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI).
That’s it you have successfully customized your background during a video conferencing call.
Also read: How to Join a Google Meet Session from Gmail
The Bottom Line
Here in this post, we have discussed several methods to use custom background while video conferencing on Zoom, Skype, and Microsoft Team. If you face any issue while using any of the products from Microsoft, Zoom, and Skype write at Microsoft support, Zoom Help, and Skype Help respectively to file a bug.
I hope you found this content useful, and if you have some more suggestions so please let us know in the comment box.