As we know that Discord is very reliable and loved by gamers because of the amazing community,
But sometimes while using Discord users are prevented from joining voice channels by No Route error which falls in the category of Stuck RTC Connecting Errors and ICE Checking.
Why is Discord No Route Error caused?
There is not a particular reason that you are facing this problem, but from the user reports there are some causes which are mentioned below:
The system resources might get stuck, causing no route error if the IP address assigned has been changed.
If a third-party firewall or antivirus is running, then discord could not be able to make a connection with the external server.
Discord can get restricted or blocked if you are using access to it.
Also, Read: How to Fix if Discord Installation has Failed?
How You can Fix Discord No Route Error?
If you are facing such types of errors then here are some methods which will help you.
Reboot and Restart
As we know that sometimes when these types of problems occur in any of the applications we restart our computer or mobile phone.
Similarly, you have to restart your computer and the first question which will be asked is “Did you try restarting your computer?”
The question is why are we rebooting our PC along with a modem or router. The reason for this is that sometimes there are specific system resources that get stuck in between.
For this, you need to restart your devices so that a different IP address might resolve the issue.
Firstly restart your router or modem, then check if the error is still shown, if it is there then again then restart your PC with modem or router. When everything will be restarted or rebooted, test your Discord.
Check your AV and Firewall settings
As we know, a Firewall allows Internet packets to go to our systems and come back, but this can result in a ” Discord No Route” Error because when these types of configurations are disarrayed your Discord packets can’t go through them.
Before starting you need to check your Firewall settings to check if it allows discord to make connections or not. Here are the steps,
- Firstly close the Discord app and then open the Control Panel by searching in the search box or by running it on the dialogue box.
- Now you will see the given list of items from that, select “Windows Defender Firewall“.
- When the window will open, click on “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall” from the left panel.
- Now you have to locate the “Change Settings” options and select it.
- When the list will be shown, find Discord and keep in mind that both the checkboxes of private and public have been ticked. After that, Select Discord and delete it.
- Then select the OK button.
- Now run your Discord again, maybe permission would be asked to access private and public networks by Windows Defender firewall but ignore it.
- After that, try to connect your Discord Voice channel.
By Disabling QoS
Quality of service (QoS)is a service over networks that allows packets to be hierarchized when they are transferred. Mostly voice applications use high-priority packets to ensure better quality and to reduce lag, but the same is with Discord too.
But some applications can’t handle queue settings and can produce different types of problems. But if we are disabling “High Packet Priority”, it can solve our problem. Here are the steps on how you can Disable QoS.
- Firstly open discord and then open the user settings which are in the right of your username.
- Now on the new window you will find “Voice and Video” settings in the left panel.
- Scroll down till you find the “Enable Quality of service High Packet Priority” setting and then disable it.
- After that, use your audio and retry connecting to a channel.
Changing your Voice Server Region
The location of your server also matters very much because if your server is distant you will face more issues like lagging. So it is very much important to choose the right server which is near to your location.
No root error can also be caused due to the server in a different location or a region outage. But you can also fix this issue.
If you are having administrator rights, you can change the region yourself, but if you are not having then ask the admin to do this for you.
Here are the steps if you are an admin
- Firstly, login into your Discord.
- Now select the “Server” or the arrow which is facing down next to it.
- When the context menu opens, select the server settings.
- After that select the overview which is in the left panel (if not selected)
- Now various information would be shown on the screen like name and region. Select the change button, which is right next to the server region.
- Server region would be displayed and then select the area which is near to you.
- After doing all these steps, restart your Discord and try connecting to the voice channel to make sure the issue is fixed or not.
This is also a common issue which people face most of the time, but this is not for all VPNs. However, if your VPN is not making use of User Datagram Protocol (UDP) for Connections, then you have to change it.
Usually, Discord works fine with VPNs that have this protocol enabled or have allowed support for it.
So if you have changed your VPN services or configuration then you have to switch it back for re-establishing your with “No Route Error”.
Final Verdict – Discord No Route Error
These were some of the methods on how you can fix No Route Errors. We hope it will help you in fixing them.
In case you didn’t understand something, or you can have any other queries regarding this article, then feel free to comment down below, we will be more than happy to assist you.