Snapchat has recently come up with the public profile feature on its platform. However, this feature is not so well known among Snapchat users.
Currently, this feature is available only in certain regions. In case the feature is available in your country, follow the steps given in this article to make your Snapchat account a public profile.
How to Make a Public Profile on Snapchat?
In order to make the public profile on your Snapchat account, you need to create the tier 1 public profile first.
Follow this step-by-step guide to create that public profile:
- Firstly, open the Snapchat app on your Android or iOS mobile.
- Now, navigate to the account icon present in the top-left corner.
- If you scroll down the options, under the ‘Public Profile’ menu, you can find the option ‘Create Public Profile’.
- On the next page, you can find the description of the ‘Public Profile.’ Click on the ‘Continue’ button till you see the ‘Get Started’ option. Once done with these steps, you will get a pop-up. Click on ‘Create’.
This is how you create a public profile on Snapchat.
How to Edit or Delete the Public Profile on Snapchat?
Once you have created the public profile on Snapchat, you can edit or delete the profile by following the steps given below:
- Firstly, navigate to the account icon present in the top-left corner.
- Now, in the ‘Public Profile’ section, click on the ‘My Public Profile’ option.
- Click on the gear-like icon present in the top-right corner.
- Now, you will be redirected to the ‘Manage Public Profile’ page, where you can do either of the following:
- Tap on the ‘Edit Profile’ and change the picture, bio, and location. You can also make the subscriber count visible to others.
- Save the Snaps to your public profile so anyone can easily see and save them. For this, you need to go to any of the Snaps and click on the ‘Save a Story to Profile’ option.
- Share your profile on other platforms or services. You can navigate to the ‘Share Your Profile’ section and copy the Snapchat code.
- Delete the public profile. Whenever you don’t feel like keeping your profile public, you can scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the ‘Delete Public Profile’ option.
Why Use the Snapchat Public Profile?
If you need to get more exposure to your Snapchat account, it is important to make it a public profile. Irrespective of whether the people are your friends or not, the content and stories are discoverable by them.
People can subscribe to your account instead of adding you as a friend. This, in turn, helps in increasing the content views and also gaining more followers. Even if you don’t post any public story, the audience can still interact with your Snapchat account.
What are the Eligibility Criteria for Creating a Public Profile on Snapchat?
Snapchat has eligibility criteria to show the ‘Public Profile’ feature on the Snapchat account. Here is the eligibility criteria list:
- The Snapchat user must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- The age of the Snapchat account must be a minimum of 24 hours.
- At least one person should be able to add you as a friend.
- The account should not violate any Snapchat community guidelines.
Even if you meet the eligibility criteria but are unable to see the ‘Public Profile’ option on your Snapchat account, it means Snapchat might not have released this feature in your location yet.
How to Create Public Profile on Snapchat For Business?
To create brand awareness among the customers and also to share valuable business content, companies can create a public profile. Here is how to create a public profile on Snapchat for business:
- Firstly, log in to the Snapchat Ads Manager and click on the menu present in the corner.
- Now, select the option ‘Public Profiles’ from the list. Only the Admins of the organization can create the public profiles.
- If you have an existing Snapchat business account, you can connect the new public profile to it.
- Now, you can select a username for the public profile and add your bio to it.
Having a public profile on Snapchat helps your content reach a wider audience. Follow the steps given in the article above and create your Snapchat Public Profile account today, and expose your content to the rest of the world.