- TikTok resetting is the most common problem faced by many people across the globe.
- Most of the tailor-made pages, content, contacts, etc., get reset to the original version of TikTok whenever the reset happens.
- Follow the quick solutions given in this guide to fix the TikTok reset error.
Are your tailor-made pages getting reset on TikTok automatically? If you are facing this issue time and again, then it is time to go through the simple yet effective solutions outlined in this article.
Why Does My TikTok Keep Resetting?
Since the launch of the platform, TikTok has been gaining many users daily. If you are encountering the reset issue on TikTok, then it might be due to the following reasons:
- TikTok is undergoing an update, and the servers might be down.
- Your phone storage might be full. You need to clear the cache.
- The background applications might be impacting TikTok’s performance.
What Does the TikTok reset mean?
TikTok reset means all the tailor-made pages, content, and contacts you have on the platform are reverting to the original content and setup. Signing back into your account after thirty days can also reset your account.
How to Fix the Resetting Issue on TikTok?
Here is how you can quickly fix the reset issue on your TikTok account:
Solution 1: Reboot the Phone
If you get the resetting issue multiple times on your TikTok account, the first thing you need to do is restart the phone. This solution looks simple but helps clear any temporary glitches associated with your TikTok account.
Rebooting the phone clears the RAM, resets the memory, and stops ongoing background processes.
Solution 2: Clear the Storage on the Phone
When our phone runs out of storage, removing unwanted content, like videos, music, etc., can be handy. When browsing the internet or using any frequent mobile apps, temporary data keeps building up.
If your mobile runs out of storage, try to clear these temporary files and unwanted media on the phone. Once done with it, check if the TikTok issue is fixed or not.
Solution 3: Change the Password
If you are facing this reset issue multiple times on your TikTok account, we recommend you change the account password. Here is how you can change the password of your TikTok account:
- Firstly, open the TikTok application on your phone.
- Now, tap on the account. You can find the option Me at the bottom of the phone screen.
- Now, tap on the three horizontal dots present in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click on the option Manage my account.
- Now, tap on the password.
- You will now receive a 4 or 6-digit code on your registered phone number and email.
- Enter the code, and now enter the new password.
- Click on the Next option to confirm the password change.
Now, restart the application and see if the issue is resolved.
Solution 4: Clear the App Cache
Clearing the TikTok app cache will remove the temporary bugs and glitches associated with the TikTok application.
You can clear the cache of the app by navigating to the Settings section of your phone and tapping on the TikTok app. Here you can find Storage and Cache options, click on it, and select Clear Cache.
In case of iOS, you can clear the Tiktok app cache by following the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, click on the “Me” option present on the bottom bar and tap on the menu option present in the top right corner.
- Now, scroll down the options and click on “Clear Cache.”
This should solve your problem. If not, move on to the next solution.
Solution 5: Check if there is any New Version of TikTok Available
Most of the time, old applications have compatibility issues on the phone. So, updating the application whenever the developers release it on the App store of respective devices (iOS and Android) is recommended.
To update the application:
- Navigate to the App store of your iPhone or Android phone and type TikTok in the search bar.
- Besides the application name, see if you can find the Update option besides the application name.
- If yes, tap on the Update option and let the new app version be installed on your phone.
Solution 6: Uninstall and Reinstall the Application
If none of the above solutions worked for you, we suggest you remove the application from your phone and reinstall it(Google Play Store, Apple App Store) to remove the temporary bugs associated with the TikTok app.
Solution 7: Check for the Latest Update on Your Phone
Like the app update, it is important to update the software version of the phone whenever available. Certain apps are not compatible with the older versions of the phones. So, updating the phone whenever possible is recommended to avoid such resetting issues on TikTok.
Irrespective of the device (iOS or Android) you use, you can navigate to the Settings section of your phone, and under the Software Updates section, you can find whether there is any new version of the software available for your phone or not. If yes, install it.
TikTok resetting is a very common problem faced by many people. This is a temporary issue and can be fixed by following any of the quick solutions given below.
If none of these solutions worked for you, we recommend contacting TikTok customer support and waiting for them to resolve your issue.