Have you recently seen that the Disney Plus Error Code 401 appears when using your Roku TV? Disney Plus subscribers have started complaining recently that they see an error code 401 on the platform.
This error code means that they are not able to enjoy the content on the platform they have subscribed to, which annoys them.
It is also worth noting that Disney Plus Error Code 401 does not give you any clue as to the problem, which means you are left guessing what you need to fix.
However, it is believed that the Disney Plus Error Code 401 is caused due to network issues or even due to Disney Plus’ server issues.
Now that we know what could possibly be wrong, we can solve the error or at least give you troubleshooting steps in this article down below.
How to Fix Disney Plus Error Code 401?
It is worth noting that the Disney Plus Error Code 401 pops up mostly when you are watching content on your Roku TV.
This means that we will give you the troubleshooting steps related to your Roku TV as well in this guide.
1. Check Disney Plus and Roku servers
The first thing we need to do whenever the Disney Plus Error Code 401 pops up is to check for both the Disney Plus and Roku servers.
It is possible that you are wondering why the Disney Plus Error Code 401 is thrown up, but the real problem is that the service is down.
To check for Roku servers, go to this link and see if the service is down or not. Also, make sure to check for Disney+ servers as well by going to this link.
If there is no problem with any of the services, it means both of them are up, and you need to find the real problem.
2. Stream another show to check if it is working
It is quite possible that you see the Disney Plus Error Code 401 for a particular show or movie, and the issue is not with the entire platform.
We have seen that if you are watching a particular show like Big Bang, for example, it might give you an error.
So try to close that particular show and start watching another show to see if the same error code comes up or not.
If not, then you can be certain that the particular show is having temporary issues due to it being removed or being unavailable.
Try to stream that particular show after some time and if the error code comes up for every content, then try to apply the other fixes mentioned below.
3. Check your Device’s compatibility
While Disney+ is available on Roku devices, it does not mean that all Roku devices are compatible with the platform.
You need to visit the Disney+ help center and find out if your Roku device is compatible or not, and then proceed further.
Because if your device is not compatible, then it is not possible to stream Disney+ content on the same.
4. Log in to your account again
We have seen that Roku might throw up an error for any random reason and the way to solve this issue is to re-login to your Disney+ account.
So, follow the steps mentioned below to do the same:
- Open the Disney+ app on your Roku TV and access the side menu and click Settings.
- Select Log Out and press the OK button on your remote.
- Once you have logged out, login back to Disney+ using your account credentials and try to stream any content and see if the error is fixed or not.
5. Check your internet connection
One thing we have seen is that Disney+ could be having problems streaming the content because your internet connection is either very slow or not responding at all.
To check if your internet is working fine or not, go to Fast.com and check for your internet speed.
If the website does not load, then it means your internet connection is down, so wait for your internet connection to come back online.
6. Restart your Roku device
It has been noticed way too often that restarting your device will fix most of the problems and the same is the case with Roku and Disney+ as well.
To fix the issue or at least try to fix it, we need to restart our Roku device in the following manner:
- Open the Home menu on your Roku TV and go to Settings.
- Select System and go to the System Restart tab.
- Click on Restart and wait for Roku TV to reboot.
Go back to Disney+ after restarting and see if the problem is solved or not.
7. Clear your Cache and Data
One way to solve the Disney Plus Error Code 401 is to clear your cache and data of your Roku device so that if there is any temporary cache and data which is causing this error, then it can get deleted.
Follow the steps mentioned below to clear your cache and data:
- Access the main menu of your device and make sure the Home tab is selected.
- Press the Home button five times on your remote and press the Up button next.
- Press the Rewind button twice after that.
- Press the Fast Forward button two times after that, and the Roku device will clear its cache and data.
Once done, go back to your Roku device and see if the Disney Plus Error Code 401 is gone or not.
8. Update your Roku device
The next option, after clearing the cache and data of our Roku device, the next option is to update the Roku device with the latest software update to solve any potential bugs in its system.
To update your Roku device, follow these steps:
- Open Roku TV and access its Settings. Go to System and click on Software Updates.
- Click on Check Now and see if there is any update available. If there is, update the device by following the on-screen prompts.
- Once Roku is updated, restart the device.
Now, check if the Disney Plus Error Code 401 is solved. It is highly likely that the problem will be solved by now.
9. Reinstall Disney Plus
If nothing else is working, then the best way to solve this Disney Plus Error Code 401 is to reinstall Disney Plus on your Roku device.
For that, you need to perform the following steps:
- Access the Streaming Channels tab on your device and find Disney Plus.
- Press the OK button on your remote after that.
- Select Remove Channel to delete the Disney+ app, which we will install back later.
Now, we have removed the Disney Plus app from our Roku device. After this, you need to restart your Roku device.
After the restart, we will install Disney Plus back on our device.
- For that, go to the Streaming Channels tab and select Disney Plus from the list.
- Click on the Add Channel button to add Disney Plus back to your Roku device.
Once you have reinstalled the Disney Plus app, check if the same error code pops up again or not.
10. Reset your Roku device
If even the Disney Plus reinstallation is not solving your error, then it means you will have to reset your Roku device to fix this issue.
To reset your Roku device, follow these steps:
- Open Settings on your Roku TV and access the System tab.
- Choose Factory Reset and follow the on-screen prompts to reset your Roku device.
Reinstall the Disney Plus channel on your Roku TV once it is reset by following the steps mentioned above and see if the problem is solved or not.
11. Contact Disney Plus Support
If the Disney Plus Error Code 401 occurs even after resetting your Roku TV, then there is some problem with the Disney+ app itself.
To understand what the exact issue is, you need to contact Disney Plus support from this link.
The Disney Plus help center experts will help you solve the problem, and you can enjoy the content after that.
In this article, we have mentioned 11 ways to fix the Disney Plus Error Code 401, and we are sure that at least one of these fixes will help you solve the problem.
Make sure to share this article with anyone else you know who is also facing the Disney Plus Error Code 401 so that their issue gets solved as well.