When attempting to access TV shows or movies on Disney plus, some users are encountering the Disney Plus Error Code 41. A large variety of devices have been reported to experience this issue, including Windows, Amazon Firestick, Android TV, and macOS.
It can also appear if a user attempts to access Disney Plus via an old link or uses an old version of the app. The current network connection may also be unstable, or the servers may be receiving too many requests at the moment.
Since there is no one specific reason that causes this Disney Plus Error Code 41, we have covered multiple methods to fix the error code 41 on Disney plus.
Methods to Fix Disney Plus Error Code 41
Method 1: Check Disney Plus Servers
In case there are any errors in the Disney Plus servers, then you might face error code 41. You can find the issue with Disney servers on sites like downdetector.com.
In case you find any errors, you need to wait for the Disney team to fix the issue. Meanwhile, you can try the other methods listed below (if not a server issue).
Method 2: Power Cycle Your Device
According to our findings, this Disney+ error code tends to be related to corrupted data stored by the device you are using to watch Disney+ content. There have been reports of this problem occurring on a wide range of devices, including FireTV sticks, Smart TVs, Set-Top Boxes, Roku devices, etc.
Power Cycle Roku Device
- To reset the Roku device, unplug it and wait for 10 seconds in order to allow the capacitors enough time to recharge.
- Now, plug in your Roku device, and as soon as the device shows live, press any button on the Remote.
- After the Roku app starts, wait for at least a minute for the process to complete.
- Now, make an attempt to stream the content on Disney plus. See if the issue is fixed or not.
Power Cycle-Smart TV
- If you are facing this error on your Smart TV, try to unplug it from the source and wait for the capacitors to get back to normal mode. In certain Smart TVs, you need to hold the power button on your TV to clear the capacitors.
- Plugin the TV back in and wait for the streaming box to load. Now, try to stream on Disney plus.
Power Cycle your Blu Ray Player
- Similarly, like a Smart TV, unplug the device and wait for some time before you plug it in again.
- After unplugging the device, press and hold the power button to discharge the capacitors.
- After the capacitor discharges completely, try to initiate the startup sequence.
- Once the Bluray player boots up, open the Disney plus application and see if the error code 41 is fixed.
Method 3: Reset or Reboot the Router
In case there is any network inconsistency, then the chances of getting the error code 41 on your Disney plus channel are high. In this case, you can either restart or reset the router.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to restart the router:
- Press the power button to turn off the router.
- Hold the power button for 30 seconds to drain the capacitors.
- Now, turn on the router.
After the router restarts, try to restream Disney plus and see if the error code 41 is fixed.
In case the problem is not fixed even after restarting the router, then you need to reset it. For that, follow the process mentioned below:
- Press and hold the reset button for at least 10 seconds till you see the LEDs flashing at the same time.
- Now, fix the internet connection by entering the PPPoE credentials.
Note: In case you are trying to stream High definition content, you need at least 5.0 Mbps broadband speed, whereas, for 4K UHD content, 25.0+ Mbps speed is needed.
Method 4: Delete and Reinstall Disney Plus App
In case you are streaming the Disney plus app on either your mobile or TV, then it is recommended to delete the app and try reinstalling it. This will help you remove the corrupt data and log back normally.
Method 5: Try Playing a Different Video
In case, if you are facing the error code 41 issue while playing a specific video, then it is recommended to check with the other videos as well.
If the other videos on Disney plus are playing fine, then it is a rights management issue. It is recommended to check with Disney Plus customer support to understand what caused the issue, and also check when the content is likely to return.
Method 6: Try Playing the Same Video Again
At times, a momentary glitch can cause the error code 41 on Disney Plus. When this happens, it is recommended to either go back to the home screen and get back to the same video again or refresh the same page to see if the video plays.
These are some of the quick fixes you can try if you are facing the error code 41 issue on Disney Plus. Do let us know which of the above methods worked for you in the comment section below.