- Paramount Plus stands as one of the best alternatives to Netflix and, thus, an incredible binge-watching platform.
- However, unlike other apps, it does report errors like the error code 124.
- This obstructs you from streaming, so we have mentioned eight troubleshooting methods.
Whether it be living the vibes of the exemplary The Good Wife series through The Good Wife or unleashing the magic of MCU through Mayor of Kingston, Paramount+ has caught you all. Even a wildfire creature turning on to be a beast is as intriguing as Wolf Pack, so you would love to binge-watch over the platform in your leisure time.
But, when you launch the app, or while you are watching the climax and suddenly the Paramount Plus Error Code 124 interrupts you, it isn’t enjoyable. Here’s where you would be looking for how to fix it, and we have covered you all with it!
How to Fix Paramount Plus Error Code 124?
There are several methods to troubleshoot the error code 124. However, you must follow all of them depending upon the causes. Further, follow each one until you find the one which works for you.
Method 1: Check and Resolve your Internet Connection
One of the most common reasons behind the Paramount Plus Error Code 124 is a poor and unstable internet connection.
It conflicts with the optimum functioning as your Paramount+ faces difficulty connecting with the server. Therefore, you must check whether your internet connection is working fine or not.
To do so, you must perform a speed test by visiting the site given here. If it shows good internet speed and the results are fast enough, then nothing is wrong with the internet.
However, if it’s not, then put your device in flight mode and further disable it. If you use WiFi, then restart your router. It would have fixed your issue.
Method 2: Check Paramount+ Server Status
Before proceeding with any other method, ensure the issue is not from the backend. Yes, often, servers of specific locations remain under maintenance, leading to problems like the Paramount Plus Error Code 124.
In such a scenario, no troubleshooting methods from your end will help. Hence, you should visit the website here and see whether the service is down or not. If yes, then all you can do is wait. You can also visit Paramount+’s official social media handle to keep yourself updated.
Method 3: Force Restart Paramount Plus Application
When there are too many Paramount+ related processes running then, then it does create a problem with its functioning.
Besides, if the app’s cache memory is too much, it leads to the Paramount Plus Error Code 124. Hence, to resolve it, you must force restart it on your device.
Below, we have mentioned the process for Windows, Android, and iOS. The methods will differ depending on the device you use and even upon the OEM.
- Exit the Paramount+ app.
- Now, press the Win key and search for Task Manager.
- After launching, the app checks Paramount-related processes and click on End near each one.
- Now, relaunch Paramount.
- Close the Paramount+ app and remove it from Recent apps.
- Open Settings and go to Apps.
- Scroll down to Paramount+, select it, and tap on Storage.
- Tap the Clear Cache button.
- Again, move to Paramount+.
- Close the Paramount+ app and remove it from Recent Apps.
- Now, relaunch the app after a while.
We have tested that this method has worked for most of the users, as only the cache was responsible in most of the cases. But if it does not, then the below methods will help you!
Method 3: Restart your Device
With regular use, it’s apparent that your device develops temporary glitches and bugs. It applies to all devices, including Windows, Mac, Apple TV, Android, iOS, and Roku.
Yet, there’s nothing much to gather about. All you have to do is restart your device to resolve the issue. The solution will be more effective if you turn off and then turn on your device instead of the Restart button.
This is because it will give your device sufficient boot time. After doing so, your Paramount Plus will start working finely.
Method 4: Disable Ad-blocker
If you haven’t installed the Paramount+ app, but you are using it on a browser like Chrome, Firefox, etc., then this solution is for you.
You would have enabled the ad-blocker extension, which the servers detect, leading to the Paramount Plus Error Code 124. Even if you haven’t installed any, Chomium-based browsers like Chrome have built-in ad-blockers.
They might be already activated. So, you must disable the ad-blocker on your device to troubleshoot the error code.
Here’s how you can do so on Chrome:
Disable Inbuilt Ad-blocker on Chrome
- Open Chrome and tap on the three-dotted icon at the top right to launch the menu.
- Select Settings & Privacy from it and go to Privacy & Security.
- Navigate to Site Settings and click on Additional Content Settings.
- Head over to Intrusive Ads and click on Any site you visit can show any ad to you radio button.
Disable Ad-blocker Extension on Chrome
- Tap on the three-ellipsis icon to launch the Chrome menu.
- Select More Tools from the drop-drop-down menu and Extensions from the sub-menu.
- Locate your ad-blocker extension and toggle off the button next to it.
Doing so will resolve the error code 124 on Paramount+ if you were using it on/via browser amd ad-blocker was enabled. If this doesn’t apply to you, the cause and solution vary.
Method 5: Disable Enhanced Tracking Protection in Firefox
If your browser is Firefox and you use Paramount Plus through it, then enhanced tracking protection can be the culprit. Firefox tends to protect you from using the feature; however, certain services detect it and don’t let you use it.
Here’s how you can disable enhanced tracking protection in Firefox:
- Open Firefox and tap on the Hamburger icon at the top-right corner to open the Menu.
- Select Privacy & Security from the left pane and check the Standard, Strict and Custom options.
- Select Custom and click on the Cookies and Tracking content checkbox to disable it.
- Save changes and refresh and relaunch your browser for the changes to reflect.
Reopen Firefox, and the Paramount Plus Error Code 124 will be resolved. However, if the option isn’t enabled, the following method will help!
Method 6: Clear Browser Cache and Cookies
Similar to the Paramount+ app and your device, your browser might have too much cache interrupting the usual tasks of your device, like the 124 error code.
Besides, browsers also collect Cookies for enhancing UX, but too many of these conflict leading to improper functioning of the sites you visit. Hence if you use Paramount+ via browser, then do Clear them.
Follow the steps given below to clear the cache and cookies on your browser:
Clear Cache and Cookies on Chrome:
- Click on the three-dotted icon at the top-right corner to open the Chrome menu.
- Select History from the context menu and choose Chrome History from the left-pane.
- Choose Clear Browsing History, and from the Time Range drop-down list, select All time.
- Click on the Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files checkboxes to enable it.
- Now, press the Clear Data button.
Clear Cache and Cookies on Firefox
- Click on the three-dotted icon at the top-right and choose Settings from the context menu.
- Select Privacy, search, and Services from the left pane and press the Choose What to Clear button beneath Clear Browsing data.
- In the next pop-up, click on Cookies and other site data, Cached images and files checkboxes to enable them, and the Clear button.
After closing the window, the change will reflect.
Method 7: Re-add the Channel to Roku
If you are a Roku user and use Paramount+, then one of the most effective solutions to fix the error code 124 is to re-add the channel. Yes, from temporary channel issues to corrupt addition, there can be various reasons. Removing and adding the channel will be effective.
Follow the steps given below to do so:
- Head over to Roku Home and press the * key in front of your Roku remote.
- Click on Options and select Remove Channel.
- Further, restart your Roku device for the changes to reflect.
Next, add the channel back, and the error code 124 on Paramount+ will have been fixed.
Method 8: Reinstall Paramount+
When none of the above solutions help out, then the app installation has gone corrupt on your device. This applies to PC and Mac users, where Paramount+ creates a web-app instance on your device.
There’s nothing to bother about, as it does not mean the app has compatibility issues with your device. It’s normal, and reinstalling Paramount+ will troubleshoot the Paramount Plus Error Code 124 on your device.
As a rule of thumb, so uninstall the app before reinstalling it. Also, ensure that there’s sufficient storage on your device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why am I getting an error code on Paramount Plus?
One of the most common reasons for the error code on Paramount Plus is that you would have enabled an ad-blocker, so disable it. Besides, the cache is another leading cause, and clearing it helps.
What is CBS error code 124?
A CBS bluescreen error code 124 implies that your system’s inner components aren’t cooling efficiently. So, check whether the coding components work and the vents aren’t blocked.
Why is Paramount Plus not available outside my country?
Paramount Plus is available in a few countries, including the United States and Canada. Hence, to access it in your country, you should use a VPN and connect it to the servers of these locations. By following this method, you can use Paramount+ in your country.
Why is Paramount Plus working?
If your Paramount Plus isn’t working, there can be various factors like servers under maintenance, poor internet, too much cache memory, temporary glitches, and even those pike a corrupt installation.
The Final Word
If you were searching for how to fix the Paramount Plus Error Code 124, you would have got your answer. The first step is to check whether the servers are down or not. If yes, then wait, and if no, then there are solutions to fix on your end.
Restarting your device, clearing browser cache and cookies, and reinstalling the app are the most straightforward solutions to resolve it.
At the same time, some apply to mobile users, others to those who use it on a PC. Moreover, if you use Paramount+ on a Roku, re-adding the channel is the best and ultimate solution that never fails.
For any queries, do let us know in the comments!