Windows 11 is now publicly available for all the supported devices. Eligible computers can directly update from Windows 10 to Windows 11 and if you can’t do that, you can download and install the ISO file as well.
In this article, I am going to discuss Windows 11, what the new OS brings to the table, its design, and everything you need to know.
Windows 11: All You Need to Know
Also, Read: Windows 11 FAQs Answered, Every Doubt Regarding the New Update
Windows 11 brings some significant design changes and they are quite cool too. Everything is a bit more rounded now. The open icons are now in the center of the taskbar and yes, the taskbar is renamed to dock.
And there is a gap and the menu just kind of floats above the taskbar which looks great. You also get Chats and Microsoft Teams app integrated into the taskbar.
Windows 11 Release Date
Microsoft launched Windows 11 on October 5 as a free upgrade. It is a successor to Windows 10. All the eligible devices will be getting the update over the coming months.
Windows 11 Features
- Widgets: With Windows 11, Microsoft is now introducing Widgets to make the desktop more appealing.
- New Apps: There are many new apps that will be coming to Windows with this update such as Canva, Disney+, Zoom, etc.
- Snap Layouts and Groups: These are the new multitasking layouts that help you create better multitasking windows. Using this feature you can manage and use the best of your computer screen.
- Desktops: You can create different desktop layouts with different sets of apps for different settings such as home, work, etc.
- Better Accessibility Features: Microsoft has also improved the accessibility features for the differently-abled. This means you get better Narrator, Magnifier, Closed Captions, and Windows Speech Recognition support.
- Light and Dark Mode: Dark Mode is the new cool aesthetic and that comes to the new version of Windows too.
- Gaming Improvements: Windows 11 is focused on gaming. As a result, it comes with a built-in Xbox App, and with Game Pass for PC, you can play Xbox games on your PC. If your display is HDR capable then you will get HDR support with the new Windows
Also, Read: Windows 11 Official Wallpapers – 4K Files Included
You also get Direct Storage which results in faster rendering times and improved gaming performance.
- Touch Improvements on Windows 11: The new Windows update is designed with touchscreens in mind so you get better touch improvements throughout the new Windows. You also have gestures and haptics which are really great.
- More Secure: With modern workflow, cybersecurity is crucial and Microsoft has kept it a priority. Windows 11 is the most secure Windows update and has great security features.
Is Your PC Eligible?
Windows 11 is an update to Windows 10 and if your PC satisfies the basic requirements for Windows 11 then sure your PC is eligible to run it. Here are the minimum requirements for Windows 11:
Also, Read: Can My PC Run Windows 11? Here’s How to Check
- 1 gigahertz(GHz) processor or faster with at least two cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or SoC
- Minimum 4GB RAM
- Minimum 64GB Storage
- UEFI System Firmware with Secure Boot
- TPM: Trusted Platform Module 2.0
- Graphics Card: DirectX 12 or later with WDDM 2.0 driver
- Display: 720p, 8-bit per color channel, at least 9-inch diagonal
- Internet Connection and Microsoft Account
If you want to know if your PC can run Windows 11 or not then you can download the System Health Checker app from Microsoft and it will tell you if your Windows 10 PC is eligible or not.
Is Windows 11 Free?
Anyone having a valid Windows 10 can install Windows 11 for free. If your system is eligible, you will get an option directly to upgrade to Windows 11 via the updates. If that doesn’t happen, you can download the Windows 11 ISO file and install it on your own.
Also, Read: Use Windows 11 ISO to Upgrade from Windows 10
Windows 11 will come pre-installed in many new upcoming laptops. HP, ASUS, Lenovo are some of the brands which will ship devices with Windows 11 pre-installed.
If you watched the Microsoft event on September 22, then you might be aware that Surface Pro 8, Surface Go 3, and Surface Laptop Studio will also come with Windows 11.
The Bottom Line
So that was all about the Windows 11 release. The new Windows update is great and if your system is eligible, you should install the new update and start using it. What do you think about Windows 11, do let us know!