Microsoft announced the next major upgrade of Windows 10 on June 24th via an online event. The next version of Windows will be called Windows 11. Quite obvious, isn’t it? No, it isn’t, as a couple of years ago, Microsoft announced that Windows 10 will be the last version.
Well, that is past now, Windows 11 is now real and the official public version is available from October 4th, and you might want to install on it your PC.
Since, the OTA update might take time to reach each PC, due to the number of Windows 10 systems. Microsoft usually roll-outs major updates/upgrades in batches so that it reaches the users in a reliable manner. But again that could take at least a week or so to reach everyone.
Well, nothing to worry about, the good news is that you can download the official ISO file right now and use it to upgrade to Windows 11. Follow the below instructions to download the Windows 11 ISO file and install it on your PC.
- Leaked Windows 11: Setup, Design, UI, Experience, and much more
- Windows 11 Official Wallpapers – 4K Files Included
- Can My PC Run Windows 11? Here’s How to Check
- Windows 11 FAQs Answered, Every Doubts Regarding the New Update
Download Windows 11 ISO File
The below ISO file contain all the Windows 10 Editions listed below:
Method 1: Direct Download Windows 11 ISO
Download the correct ISO file from the links below. These links will generate a direct download link from the official Microsoft server.
These are direct download links to the English US ISO files. If you want ISO files in any other language, please comment below with the Language, Windows edition, and System type of the ISO file you want, and we will provide direct download links within 24 hours.
Method 2: From Microsoft Downloads Page
- Go to this URL (Mircrosoft Windows 11 Download Page).
- Now, scroll down to the ‘Download Windows 11 Disk Image (ISO)‘ section.
- You will notice a drop-down menu.
- Select Windows 11 from there.
- And then, click on the Download button.
- A new section will appear below that section with title ‘Select Product Language‘.
- Select your preferred langauge.
- And then finally click on the Confirm button.
- Then a new section will appear with the download link. Click on the 64-bit Download button to start the downloading process.
There you go, the ISO file will be downloaded instantly, make sure you have enough internet bandwidth to download the ISO file, the file size will be around 5 GBs.
Install Windows 11 on your PC (using ISO File)
Method 1: Upgrade Using the Windows 11 ISO File
This is the easiest method to install Windows 11 on your PC, also this is the safest method as well. You will be upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 with every data on your system un-wiped.
- First, download the Windows 11 ISO file from the above-mentioned method(s).
- Now, open file explorer and navigate to the Downloads Directory.
- Then, right click on the downloaded Widnows 11 ISO file and select the Mount option.
- Now, open the mounted drive and click on the setup.exe file.
- A new Windows 11 Setup window will appear.
- Click on the Next button to get started the installation process.
- On the next screen, you can choose to install any important updates before upgrading and click Next.
- Then, an End User License Agreement window will appear, accept the agreement to continue.
- Finally, click on the Install button to start the installation using the Windows 11 ISO file.
- It will start the installation process, and will be installed in a few moments.
Method 2: Clean Install Using the ISO File (Using Windows 11 Update Assistant)
A clean install is always helpful in the case of the installation of an upgraded operating system. This bypasses all the compatibility issues, bugs, and glitches. And finally, you will get a fresh system with a fresh operating system to use.
Earlier we used to use third-party tools like Rufus to create an installation media using the ISO file but this time with Windows 11, Microsoft didn’t allow any third-party tool (as of 5th October) to create the Windows 11 Installation Media, instead, we will have to use their own Windows 11 Media Creation tool to do so.
- First, plug-in an empty flash drive to the system (at least 8 GB, 16 GB is recommended).
- Now, go to this URL to download the Windows 11 Installation Tool.
- Then, open the tool by double-clicking the setup we just downloaded.
- Allow the setup to prepare your device and create installation media for another PC.
- Then, select the Language and Edition of Windows 11 and click on the Next button.
- Now, on the next screen, select the USB flash drive from the list and then click on the Next button.
- The tool will start the downloading process and prepare the Windows 11 installation media.
- Finally, you will be notified with a new window with the title ‘Your USB flash drive is ready’. Click on the Finish button.
After completion, plug in the USB to the system you want to install Windows 11 and restart the system. And while booting, before the Windows logo, tap the Boot Menu key to open it.
|Brand||Assigned Boot Menu Key|
|Asus||Esc or F8|
|HP||Esc or F9|
|Lenovo||F12, F8, F10|
|Other||Esc or F1-F12|
- You see a screen with a list of drives, choose the one you inserted/plugged in, and hit Enter.
- Then the Windows logo will appear on the screen for a while, if you see the animated dots it means everything is fine.
- Next, you will be asked to select your Language, Time, Keyboard method and after configuring all these things, Click Next.
- Now click on Install Now.
- Now, Windows 11 set-up will ask you to enter the Product Key, if you have a Windows 11 product key, proceed to enter it. Otherwise, click on “I don’t have a key” or “Do this later”.
- Now setup will ask you to choose the correct edition of which you have a License either Home or Pro. Make sure to enter the correct edition if you choose the wrong edition then you would need to perform a clean install again.
- Accept the license terms, to do so check the box in front of “I accept the license terms”.
- Click Next.
- Click Custom: Install Windows only (advanced).
- Select the drive and then click Next. [If there are multiple partitions, select each from the bottom, then click to delete until only one unallocated drive left]
- Select the unallocated drive list, Click New > Apply > OK.
- Select the Primary partition from multiple partitions, click Next.
- Just wait for few seconds while Windows install.
- When all this setup will complete, Windows will reboot into the setup automatically.
You can now proceed with the Windows 11 setup, we already have covered an article regarding the Windows 11 initial experience, do check that for more reference.
Can I download Windows 11 ISO?
Yes, you can download the official Windows 11 ISO from Microsoft’s download page.
How do I install Windows 11 officially?
There are currently two official ways to install Windows 11 officially, one via ISO to upgrade from Windows 10 and another to clean install using Windows 11 Installation tool.
What is the size of Windows 11 ISO file?
The size of the Windows 11 ISO file is 5.12 GB but it can be a slight variation in the file size depending on the selected language.
Is Windows 11 launched?
Microsoft announced Windows 11 on June 24th and released the public versions on October 4th.
- Ghost Spectre Windows 10 Superlite Version
- Download Windows XP ISO File (Professional – 32/64 Bit)
- Download Windows 7 ISO File (Ultimate and Professional Edition)
- How to Download Windows 8.1 ISO File (32/64 Bit)
- Download Latest Windows 10 ISO File (21H1 May 2021 Update)