People use browsers all day and the browser has a bland look all day every day. You can use plenty of great Google Chrome themes to customize your browser and change it whenever you feel like it. We will show you a few simple steps where you can use an excellent extension which will allow you to easily build and export your own themes from a simple graphical interface.
How to Create Google Chrome Themes
- Launch Chrome.
- Either go to the Chrome Web Store and search for Chrome Theme Creator or go directly to the Chrome Theme Creator page.
- Select Add to Chrome to install the theme creator on Chrome.
- Chrome will take you to its apps tab. Locate and select the Theme Creator icon.
- You’ll arrive at the Theme Creator website where you can create and customize your theme. Begin by giving your new theme a name using the field in the upper left of the page.
- Choose a high-resolution image to base your theme around. Unsplash is one website where you can find tons of great images completely free of charge.
- After you upload the image, you’ll see a preview on the right of your screen. Use the controls below the image to adjust your background image.
- Select Generate Colors to create a color scheme for your theme based on the image you just uploaded.
- The website will automatically update your preview to show you the colors it detected from the image you uploaded.
- If you’d like to alter any of the colors, select the Colors tab. Under this tab, you can select any of the colors for your browser window and change them as you like.
- Select Pack and Install to package your new theme as an extension for Chrome.
- You’ll receive a warning from Chrome letting you know malicious extensions can harm your computer. Select Continue to install your theme.
- Chrome will take a few seconds to download and apply your theme. After it does, your browser window will change to reflect the new theme.
- That’s all there is! You can make as many themes as you like for Chrome this way.
- Ubuntu 20.04 ‘Focal Fossa’ Released: What’s New?
- ‘Say Namaste’ to India’s very own Video-Conferencing App!
- More details about Xiaomi’s Dark Mode 2.0 for MIUI 12 released