Here in this article, we are going to list and discuss Xposed Modules and 10 Best Xposed Modules available right now for your rooted Android phone.
What are Xposed Modules?
Xposed is an Android framework that works in any Android that has root access, and the framework allows you to install add-ons to modify and add new features to your device. Those add-ons are known as modules in this world of rooting and modding. Rather than flashing a new ROM to get a specific feature, you can use Xposed to add individual features to whatever ROM you’re using, or even just the stock ROM.
How to Install Xposed Modules?
We are considering that you already have installed the Xposed Framework on your device, and it is properly working. So, go through the best xposed modules and start using them by following the below steps.
- Open the app drawer and look for the Xposed Installer app.
- Now, open the Xposed Installer app.
- You will see your device’s Xposed Framework status, if it is saying ‘Framework Installed’, then you are good to go.
- Now navigate to the menu from the left top bar.
- Now, finally, go to the Downloads option.
- Search for your favorite modules and tap on Install.
Best Xposed Modules
Amplify Battery Extender
As the name suggests, ‘Amplify’ can control how your device uses your battery by controlling how often your device can wake up, and how long it can stay awake. Use the recommended settings for easy battery savings or dig in and customize every alarm and wake lock on your device.
GravityBox is a module whose primary goal is to provide the users of devices running vanilla or close to vanilla Android with a tweak box that turns their stock ROM into a custom ROM packed with additional features and tweaks; without the need of flashing a custom ROM. Most of the preferences can be changed on-the-fly without rebooting.
XuiMOD is another awesome Xposed module that enables the user to tweak with the system UI. The module takes UI tweaks from different custom ROMS Below listed are a few features that you are gonna get by using this module:
- Batterybar Customizations
- Xylon Transitions Animation
- AOKP Animation Controls
- Custom IME Animations
- Custom Toast Animations
- Custom Notification Ticker Animations
As the name suggests, YouTube AdAway is another free and accurate adblocker best xposed module that will help you to remove all those irritating ads from the YouTube videos. The module is developed by @wanam, a reputed XDA developer and contributor to the Android society.
This application is NOT a modified YouTube App instead it just blocks in-video YouTube Ads and information card teasers from YouTube App. It has more than 100K active users and they are enjoying it pretty well.
WhatsApp Extensions is an Xposed module that adds additional features to the standard WhatsApp application. If you don’t to use the modded version of WhatsApp and want to stick to the official version of WhatsApp pushed by FACEBOOK Inc itself via Google Play Store then this is your answer to the WhatsApp customization in the official app itself. It has a ton of features, some of them are listed below:
- Option to directly call over the phone.
- Lock facility to individual chats.
- Reminder – Reminds you to reply to a contact.
- Highlight chats.
- Per contact custom wallpaper.
- Permanently archive chats.
- Hide last seen.
- Hide read receipts.
- Hide delivery reports.
- Hide Camera Button from the bottom bar.
- Zoom profile photo.
- Replace call button
- Click messages to reply/forward/see info
- Get stats about messages ( per chat )
This module helps in making your smartphone colorful by changing the colors of various indicators of your phone such as WiFi Signals, Network Signals, Keyboard Backgrounds, Battery, Clock and others. Some of the features are:
- Skip tracks on volume keys long-press while the screen is off
- Controls cursor using volume keys in text fields
- Safe headset media volume
- Added New Module For Daydream
- Select Daydream background color or image
- Select Daydream Clock color
- Choose a color for alarm icon, vibrate, Bluetooth, silent
If you are a Snapchat freak then this module is for you, it offers ton of features which you will like, some of them are listed below:
- Sharing from gallery
- Saving videos and pictures (Autosave)
- Folder hiding
- Directory choosing
- Custom picture timer duration (3-5-7-10 seconds)
- Saving pictures from chat
- Filter Store
- Visual Filters – You can use Instagram like filters (17)
- Stealth viewing
- Block typing and presence alert & a lot more.
This is one of the best xposed modules available right now. Some people like to use notifications as reminders to do something later. The only flaw in this system is when you accidentally remove the notification. PinNotif allows you to pin any notification. Simply long-press the notification to pin it and long-press it again to unpin. Then you can swipe it away when you’re done with it.
This will not prevent notifications from being cleared by the application when you open them, and the application can still control the notification at any time (including clearing it). It simply prevents them from being cleared when you tap the “clear all” button or when you try to swipe them away.
If you love customizing your Android smartphone’s status bas and navigation bar, then you must try this module.
- Status Bar theme:
- Apply a theme on these icons: alarm, wifi, signal, Bluetooth, GPS, battery, sync, ringer, headset.
- Adjust what icons to the theme.
- You can choose what icons to theme.
- Navigation Bar theme:
- Apply an embedded theme on these elements: back, back-ime, home, recent, menu, search, highlight, background (translucent mode only).
- Apply a personalized theme with your own images on the back, back-ime, home, recent, menu, search, highlight, background (translucent mode only), qmemo(LG), qslide(LG), dual window (LG), notification down/up (LG).
- Adjust background, scale-type, buttons color.
XPrivacy is a permissions manager that enables you to control which functions and data on your device apps can actually access. It has long been one of the most popular and best Xposed modules. With the introduction of granular permissions controls, it looked like Xprivacy might become redundant for Android 6.0 users, but it still serves a purpose. In Android, all apps automatically get Internet permission. This will normally be used for benign purposes, like gathering analytics data or delivering ads, but it could be a potential security issue too.
So, those were our picks for the Best Xposed Modules for Android. Did we miss any of your favorites? Do let us know in the comments below!