How to fix all sound issues in Windows 10? What if you opened your PC play any song and you aren’t able to hear any voice, Terrifying, Right? Don’t worry this is a small bug that is associated with Windows 10 and can trigger any time, and you should know how to fix all sound issues in Windows 10?
Windows 10 is quite popular for its diverse range of features, with each update Microsoft offers various cool and interesting features but as we know great features come along great problems, and Windows 10 is quite known for its bugs too, However, Microsoft found some short tricks to solve all those issues but Windows owner is unable to fix those small issues yet.
Whenever you update your Windows to the latest version you may see so many new and amazing features but many issues and you need to fix them all, like with Windows 10 you can face sound issues, Bluetooth issue, know How to Fix Bluetooth Problems in Windows 10? and some other issues with each update.
If you have also updated your Windows to the latest update and facing sound issues like you tried to play a song or video on your system and you aren’t able to hear any voice, isn’t it scary? How your speakers suddenly stopped working, all these issues come up with the latest update, and even if you haven’t updated your system you might face such an issue.
So no need to worry, here we are for you, in this article, we are going to mention all the possible solution to fix all sound issues in Windows 10. By using the following mentioned methods you will be able to fix all sound issues in Windows 10.
How to Fix All Sound Issues in Windows 10?
The sound problems can cause major trouble while you want to stream your favorite show or want to listen to your favorite song, and suddenly the system’s speakers stopped working, it’s the most annoying thing. But here we will discuss some common solution so that you can fix all sound issues in Windows 10.
Before you get started with the mentioned methods to fix all sound issues in Windows 10, you should know the causes due to which such a problem occurred, so let’s have a look at those issues.
Also Read: 3+ Methods to Find Your Windows 10 Product Key Instantly
What are the common causes of sound issues in Windows 10?
Here we are mentioning some common issues due to which sound issues can occur in windows 10, before getting into solutions we should know the reasons behind the problem, and after that, you will be able to decide that your system has such problem or not and then you can easily fix all sound issues in Windows 10
- The sound issue can be caused due to the combined problem of software and hardware.
- If there is a problem with cable or jacks.
- When the settings aren’t set-up correctly.
- Check whether the audio device is turned on or not.
These can be some common reasons to cause sound problems in the device if you experience any of such reasons behind your sound issue so you can easily fix all sound issues in Windows 10.
Also Read: How to Hide System Partitions in Windows 10?
Before We Start
Before getting started to fix all sound issues in Windows 10 you should check these small fixes, it may solve your problem.
Check Product Information
Some devices aren’t compatible with your system, for example, you are using an external speaker but they aren’t compatible with your laptop/computer so it may cause the sound issue, in such situations you should check the product information and then proceed further. Checking product details will help you a lot to fix all sound issues in Windows 10.
Make Sure Audio Device is Turned on
Many times, we forget to turn on the audio devices search got panicked, and sometime the problem lies with your external speakers and that’s the reason why you are here and searching how to fix all sound issues in Windows 10 so before searching for the fixes make sure you have turned-on your audio output devices/speakers if you are using the laptop so check whether the speakers are turned on or not. This can fix all sound issues in Windows 10.
Also Read: How to Run Android APK Files in Windows 10?
Check your PC
Check the following things before you proceed further:
- Ensure that you haven’t muted the audio devices.
- Make sure that your PC hasn’t muted the speaker.
- Make sure that the application program (Windows Media Player) hasn’t muted the voice.
Several times, all the malfunctions occur due to outdated drivers, check to whether your device drivers and system driver are updated or not. If they are not updated, try to update them otherwise go to all fixes to solve the sound issue in Windows 10.
We search for the solutions here and there and the problem can be solved by just checking some small things. Check whether your audio output hasn’t been muted from anywhere. This can also fix all sound problems in Windows 10.
Also Read: 5+ Methods to Transfer Files from Phone to Windows PC Wirelessly
How to Fix All Sound Issues in Windows 10?
If you reach here in the article, it means the above solutions won’t help you, and you aren’t able to fix all sound issues in Windows 10 PC. So here we will discuss some methods by using one of them you will be able to fix all sound problems in Windows 10.
Check Speaker Output
If multiple audio output devices are selected then check whether you have selected the correct one, to do so, follow the following steps.
- Click on the Speakers icon from the taskbar.
- Select, the arrow.
- It will open a list of all devices (audio devices) connected to your computer.
- Check that the device you prefer to play audio is connected or not.
This would help you to fix all sound issues in Windows 10.
Also Read: 5+ Methods to Cast Android Screen to Windows 10
Try Running audio Troubleshooter
The audio Troubleshooter is a prominent solution to issues, you can try running audio troubleshooter to fix the problem. To do so, follow the following steps.
- Go to start, search audio troubleshooter.
- Choose, Fix, and find problems with playing sound.
- Select Next.
- Click on the device you want to troubleshoot.
- Continue with troubleshooter.
If this wouldn’t help you to fix all sound issues in Windows 10, continue with the next tip.
Check whether your device is properly updated or not, if not, so update it. To do so, follow the following steps
- Go to Start, select settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Navigate to Windows Update. and then to check for updates.
- It will ask you two things, do one of them:
- If it says, “You’re up to date”, then go to the next tip.
- If it says, “Updates are available”, click on Install Now.
- Choose the updates you want to install and click Install.
- Restart your system to check whether it is working or not.
This tip might solve your problem, if not! Go to the next method to check the possible solution and fix all sound issues in Windows 10.
Also Read: How to Disable This Copy of Windows Is Not Genuine Error
Check all the Connections
Check the connections to audio output devices including cables, jacks, speakers, headphones. To do so, follow the following steps.
- Check connections to headphones and speakers with cords and cables, check cable or cords are plugged in correctly, or try to re-plug them.
- If you have multiple jacks 5mm to plug-in, so check whether each jack is plugged-in correct jack.
- ensure that you have turned on the power audio devices and the volume is turned on.
- Ensure that none of the devices is muted, and remember audio devices have their volume buttons, so you should also check them once.
- Try to connect your headphones and speakers to a different port.
- If you are using headphones and earphones simultaneously, so it is possible that your speakers won’t work, try to use one device at a time.
If everything was fine in this section so move ahead and try another tip to fix all sound issues in Windows 10.
Check Sound Settings
If the above-mentioned methods won’t work for you so, try to check system sound settings and fix the sound issue. To do so, follow the following steps:
- Select the speaker icon from the taskbar.
- Right-click on it, choose Open Volume Mixer.
- Now here it will show you a set of volume control options, check none of them is muted.
- Check your system’s settings to ensure that none of your settings is disabled. To do so, go to Start > Settings > System > Sound.
- Select the audio device and go to the Device properties. Select the device properties for both input and output devices.
- Uncheck the box, in front of Disable.
Also Read: How to Fix 0x8024001E Error on Windows 10 Using These Easy Steps
Update and Fix Audio Drivers
And if after applying all methods, you haven’t found the solution so try this one, sometimes, outdated drivers cause the problems, and so you should check it for once either device drivers are updated or not. To do so, follow the following steps:
- Go to the search menu, type in device manager.
- Select the arrow which is next to the sound, click on Video and Game controllers after it expanded.
- Right-click on the device you want to update, select Update Driver, then select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
This method will work, and I hope you have fixed all sound issues in Windows 10.
Also Read:How to Fix 0x8000FFFF Error in Windows 10 using Simple Methods
So here are the methods and some tips to fix all sound issues in Windows 10. I hope you would like the content and the problem for which you are searching her is might be solved if still not so you write at Windows Feedback Hub to file a bug.
Before coming to how to fix section you should try all the possible tricks available in Before you start section because half of your problem gets solved with small tricks.
I hope this article would help you, and you found it useful if you have some other methods which are missing from this content, please let us know in the comment section.